• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta interview?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I failed the Psych dude....to this day I don't know why. My friends and coworkers are surprised to this day. I can handle the rejection, what pisses me off about the whole process is:

1. Some of the truly weird dudes they did hire.

2. Mesaba and Compass get a pass.

My stepmother has a Phd. in Psychology and was floored by the whole use of the MMPI in this area. The only thing she could come up with that they are actually testing for Type A vs Type B personalities, which I would fail since I am a Type B, unlike most Pilots.

The key to the MMPI is that they don't care if you are a murderer, as long as you CONSISTANTLY say you are one. If you aren't consistant, then it gives you a red flag.

Bye Bye---General Lee

The key to the MMPI is that they don't care if you are a murderer, as long as you CONSISTANTLY say you are one. If you aren't consistant, then it gives you a red flag.

Bye Bye---General Lee

The Gen has come correct. The MMPI looks at consistency as well as personality type.

Remember you also take another psych profile test as well on day 1.

I think the whole idea is looking for consistency and non-projection... that's what I can glean from my experience as well as comparing that of others.

Then again, there was also a lot gleaned from years of the "rocking chair," too... which more or less was superstition. :)

Bye Bye---General Lee

I think I was consistent, I didn't think about my answers or tried to make them match... maybe I am just nuts!! :)

Ahh the rocking chair, yes it was there but no one sat in it... maybe that was it!! DAM it

I think I was consistent, I didn't think about my answers or tried to make them match... maybe I am just nuts!! :)

Ahh the rocking chair, yes it was there but no one sat in it... maybe that was it!! DAM it

A few weeks after the pschye gave me the boot, I had an older gentleman over hear my results to a hardware store owner that I was talking to. He politely interrupted and said he used to administer the tests to pilots at Delta before he retired. Apparently he knew what to answer and what not to answer. He personally took the test and said he would have failed it as well. He said if he could have talked to me prior to the MMPI, he could have told me excactly how to answer "certain" questions..

My point is, had I "known" the magic formula, I would be at Delta right now, the same person who didn't get passed it originally. I passed the 3 hour FFDO shrink with flying colors, but not the 20 minutes from the guy on P'tree street.

It's just a game and you have to win to go to the next round. The system is not perfect. I do know some weirdo's who made it through, and some that had it in the bag regardless.

Life goes on.

A few weeks after the pschye gave me the boot, I had an older gentleman over hear my results to a hardware store owner that I was talking to. He politely interrupted and said he used to administer the tests to pilots at Delta before he retired. Apparently he knew what to answer and what not to answer. He personally took the test and said he would have failed it as well. He said if he could have talked to me prior to the MMPI, he could have told me excactly how to answer "certain" questions..

My point is, had I "known" the magic formula, I would be at Delta right now, the same person who didn't get passed it originally. I passed the 3 hour FFDO shrink with flying colors, but not the 20 minutes from the guy on P'tree street.

It's just a game and you have to win to go to the next round. The system is not perfect. I do know some weirdo's who made it through, and some that had it in the bag regardless.

Life goes on.

Life does go on as you have proven time and again. DAL is great and all but it is just a job. I have talked to you about this many times.

Some people try to play the game and get burnt, some try to go in with an open mind that are never that way but this instant and make it. I know of some of the weirdos you talk about. They are identified immediately. If you recommended them, you get a phone call that entails WTF? In reality most guys are similar here and it makes these flight decks work.

IMO you would have had a interesting time with how passive some of these guys are when it comes to crew scheduling. :uzi:

Isn't it great to actually be talking about hiring though? With all of the doom and gloom these past 15 months or so, it's good to see a ray of sunshine.

Glass half full

I totally agree, and we just went from one extreme to the other when the economy just twitched. Just wait and see what happens when it really turns around.....

I totally agree, and we just went from one extreme to the other when the economy just twitched. Just wait and see what happens when it really turns around.....

If and When things really turn around for the better we're going to see some fireworks! Between growth and the retirements in the next few years there should be significant movement.

Latest resources

Back