• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta interview?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought you couldn't re-apply if you failed the psych portion of the interview process also. I have a buddy who didn't get the job after the psych panel and was told he couldn't re-apply. It is what it is, but I still don't understand how one can have a great employment record, pass the panel interview, pass all the crazy aptitutde tests, then lose the job offer because a psych says his personality doesn't match the MMPI results.

You cannot reapply. That has always been a non-starter. The difference last time around was you got one pass at the interview. It was also six years prior to that, that everyone interviewed, so times and laws change.

I will stated that based on historical indicators those in the pool at DAL will have to do the entire process again. They will have preferential interviews on a first come first serve basis, but there are no guarantees. I know plenty of guys from my last time though that got shot down in 2007.

In regards to the psyche, you could retake the MMPI in the Drs office, and then do the eval, but if you failed that, it went to a review committee that was comprised of people from multiple departments. Their decision is final and binding.

In regards to the psyche, you could retake the MMPI in the Drs office, and then do the eval, but if you failed that, it went to a review committee that was comprised of people from multiple departments. Their decision is final and binding.

Yeah, this is what happned to him. He was told the committee was reviewing his psych eval and then about a month later he got a letter stating something to the fact that his personality was not what Delta was looking for and that he could not apply for employment at Delta again. The confusing thing about the whole deal is that I know guys who have much worse attitudes and employment history than this guy did and they sailed through the whole psych thing. I kinda think the psych people have to deny a certain number of folks so that it appears they are relevant to the hiring process. If they didn't, they wouldn't get the business from the hiring department. A good panel of interviewers can easily tell if someone is going to be a good employee and even a bad panel of interviewers can tell if someone is lying to them. I think the psych should be ditched.

What about the NWA Pool of like 100 guys? Not good enough for the Delta HR Types? They should at the very least be the first to interview. Hopefully some of our HR NWA people end up taking over the process.

What about the NWA Pool of like 100 guys? Not good enough for the Delta HR Types? They should at the very least be the first to interview. Hopefully some of our HR NWA people end up taking over the process.

I have not heard anything about that.

Yeah, this is what happned to him. He was told the committee was reviewing his psych eval and then about a month later he got a letter stating something to the fact that his personality was not what Delta was looking for and that he could not apply for employment at Delta again. The confusing thing about the whole deal is that I know guys who have much worse attitudes and employment history than this guy did and they sailed through the whole psych thing. I kinda think the psych people have to deny a certain number of folks so that it appears they are relevant to the hiring process. If they didn't, they wouldn't get the business from the hiring department. A good panel of interviewers can easily tell if someone is going to be a good employee and even a bad panel of interviewers can tell if someone is lying to them. I think the psych should be ditched.

That decision is up to someone who will always make more and have more power in this company than you or I.

We can discuss all day what it is there and its effectiveness, but it does serve as some third party liability waver for the company. That much I can see at face vale.

What I have seen is people working on their answers they "think" they will be asked by the Doctor. In effect the come in and come off as prepared, canned or otherwise untruthful. The best advice is to be yourself.

Delta will choose to do what they want to do to hire their pilots. FWIW, we are not the only employee group that goes through that hoop at DAL.

Does not make any sense why someone can't interview again and have another chance regardless of what part of the interview they didnt score well on. You can run for President lose the election bid and still re-run four years later ??

Yeah but we aren't talking about some silly deal like elected leader of the free world, we're talking about being God of the sky in a double-breasted uniform. Big difference here; only the chosen few are capable of hanging with the like of General Lee, and also posessing the skilled, delicate touch required to fly a mad dog from ATL to CHS.

I failed the Psych dude....to this day I don't know why. My friends and coworkers are surprised to this day. I can handle the rejection, what pisses me off about the whole process is:

1. Some of the truly weird dudes they did hire.

2. Mesaba and Compass get a pass.

My stepmother has a Phd. in Psychology and was floored by the whole use of the MMPI in this area. The only thing she could come up with that they are actually testing for Type A vs Type B personalities, which I would fail since I am a Type B, unlike most Pilots.

I failed the Psych dude....to this day I don't know why. My friends and coworkers are surprised to this day. I can handle the rejection, what pisses me off about the whole process is:

1. Some of the truly weird dudes they did hire.

2. Mesaba and Compass get a pass.

My stepmother has a Phd. in Psychology and was floored by the whole use of the MMPI in this area. The only thing she could come up with that they are actually testing for Type A vs Type B personalities, which I would fail since I am a Type B, unlike most Pilots.

I an tell you that what they are looking for is a very closely guarded secret. I do not think the actual interviews know.

Not sure about Type A as a lot of guys I fly with are type B.

Yeah but we aren't talking about some silly deal like elected leader of the free world, we're talking about being God of the sky in a double-breasted uniform. Big difference here; only the chosen few are capable of hanging with the like of General Lee, and also posessing the skilled, delicate touch required to fly a mad dog from ATL to CHS.

Just remember, when I bid Captain some year, I will be the COOLEST Captain out there, and I will buy the 3rd and 5th beers for any newhire co-pilot (must provide documentation) that is flying with me on the full rotation. I will also go 1/2 the price on any small order of hot wings. (I get 4 of the 6 wings, though) How's that for an offer?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back