Delta expanding in Dallas, well DCI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

9rj9

Here's the result of the DAL scope reset... You tell me how the DAL MEC didn't sell our their brothers, no vote just a backroom deal for the elite 10%. They intentionally redirect attention to Comair not hiring these guys while they give away their jobs. I can't believe furloughed guys aren't outraged by their MEC actions. I hope all realize ASA/Comair have orders for RJs that go well beyond current scope reset of 44 and 49%. What do you think happens next ? Another sellout ! just watch.

ATLANTA, Jan. 9 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL - News) will expand service at its Dallas/Fort Worth hub with the introduction of the spring schedule on April 6. The new schedule substantially increases the number of flights Delta offers customers at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, and improves travel choices by adding two new connecting banks during peak travel hours

With the spring schedule, Delta and the Delta Connection will give Dallas/Fort Worth customers 13 percent more flights every day -- 272 flights daily with nonstop service to 73 destinations, compared to 240 today. Delta Connection will increase the number of flights from 153 today to 209 by May 2003, while Delta will reduce flights from 87 to 63 . The additional Delta Connection flights will feature Bombardier CRJ regional jets, including the new 70-seat aircraft.

Just got the news bulletin on FLICA.

Looks like a big expansion for ASA in DFW and out to Salt Lake.

I understand the reduction in mainline Delta is primarily the wide body aircraft - 767 and MD 11.

Anybody else?

9rj9 said:
Here's the result of the DAL scope reset... You tell me how the DAL MEC didn't sell our their brothers, no vote just a backroom deal for the elite 10%. They intentionally redirect attention to Comair not hiring these guys while they give away their jobs. I can't believe furloughed guys aren't outraged by their MEC actions. I hope all realize ASA/Comair have orders for RJs that go well beyond current scope reset of 44 and 49%. What do you think happens next ? Another sellout ! just watch.

Right. So tell me again how our scope (the weakest in the industry) is hurting your career?

I do agree with you about the need for something to be done. Be on the lookout for something if we win this upcomming furlough grievance. Delta will have to use us for something, can't have a 1000 pilots making $107/hr and higher just sitting around.;)

Sorry, I did not mean to turn this into yet another rjdc thread. Passenger numbers for Delta were higher in Dec 2002 than Dec 2000. Our no-furlough case is getting stronger every day. Hope the MEC has our next grievance in hand to give to Mr. Bloch when he shoots us down this time.:D

Last edited:
Re: Re: Delta expanding in Dallas, well DCI

NYRANGERS said:
Be on the lookout for something if we win this upcomming furlough grievance. ................ Passenger numbers for Delta were higher in Dec 2002 than Dec 2000...........Hope the MEC has our next grievance in hand to give to Mr. Bloch when he shoots us down this time.:D

At least NYRANGERS is a man with a dream. But I can’t figure out his position. Will DALPA win this round or lose and proceed on to round III?

The best you can hope for in this Round II is an order from RB for DL to stop additional furloughs after Feb. Current furloughs will remain in place.

For you to quote improving traffic numbers 2002 vs. 2000, pre-attack, is more nonsense and wishful thinking. This is an FM hearing. RB will be deciding to either validate or throw out FM.

Re: Re: Re: Delta expanding in Dallas, well DCI

DaveGriffin said:

For you to quote improving traffic numbers 2002 vs. 2000, pre-attack, is more nonsense and wishful thinking. This is an FM hearing. RB will be deciding to either validate or throw out FM.

How are these numbers not relevant? The main body and argument by RB for furloughes, was "the cliff-like drop off in passengers due to fear from 9/11" He also stated that once FM was deemed over, there would be a "timely recall, based on Delta's historical training capabilities"

I am not sure why you seem to not want us recalled, even though our situation has nothing to do with you.

I don't know why you can't understand that the numbers are everything!! They are not irrelevant as you contest.

Fly safe, and Go Rangers. They play Montreal tonight.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Delta expanding in Dallas, well DCI

NYRANGERS said:

I am not sure why you seem to not want us recalled, even though our situation has nothing to do with you.

NYRANGERS

My comments and opinion have nothing to do with my preference for your recall or continued furlough. I do not celebrate anyone losing their job. In addition to pilots, many others have lost their jobs and far worse following the attacks of 11 Sep.

I am seeking to clearly exhibit the contradictory and self-serving position your union has taken following the attacks.

How about comparing total DL passengers boarded for the 12 months preceding 9/11 to the most recent 12-month period?

Last edited:
9rj9 said:
I hope all realize ASA/Comair have orders for RJs...
To be fair, it's Delta that has orders for R.J.'s. ASA and Comair don't buy their own planes anymore.

This story would have made me really happy before September 11th and the furloughs. Well...it could still be a good thing.

1. Passengers generally prefer jets to turboprops. Therefore...
2. More jets at the Connection means more people buying Delta tickets.
3. More people buying Delta tickets means growth at Delta.
4. Growth at Delta mean furloughed pilots get recalled sooner.

I still think a large jet-powered Connection fleet will be good for mainline Delta pilots in the long run.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Delta expanding in Dallas, well DCI

DaveGriffin said:
NYRANGERS

My comments and opinion have nothing to do with my preference for your recall or continued furlough. I do not celebrate anyone losing their job. In addition to pilots, many others have lost their jobs and far worse following the attacks of 11 Sep.

I am seeking to clearly exhibit the contradictory and self-serving position your union has taken following the attacks.

How about comparing total DL passengers boarded for the 12 months preceding 9/11 to the most recent 12-month period?

Again, what does this have to do with the fact that we carried more passengers in Dec 2002 than Dec 2000? At some point there has to be an uptrend. I am sorry I am pionting out some optomistic news.

ALPA can't get their story straight

NYRANGERS said:
Again, what does this have to do with the fact that we carried more passengers in Dec 2002 than Dec 2000? At some point there has to be an uptrend. I am sorry I am pionting out some optomistic news.

NYRANGERS;

There is NOTHING wrong in comparing Dec 200 to Dec 2002. In order to make a fair comparison however you must compare 12-month periods, as I suggested.

The up trend must begin sometime; maybe Dec 2002 is the month. But that doesn’t mean that FM is invalidated because one month in the past 15 shows a 4% increase. Mr. Bloch won’t fall for that weak argument.

Maybe you haven’t read Duane’s comments regarding the UAL bankruptcy and withholding of the guaranteed loans. If you had you would see that even he recognizes the significant and continuing impact of the attacks of 11 Sep.

The reason that the ALPA lawyers were 4 days late filing your FM brief was because they were busy fighting for UAL government loan guarantees that were authorized following the attacks of 9/11. ALPA can’t have it both ways….. demanding 9/11 guaranteed loans to save the legacy airlines and then claiming that FM doesn’t apply because 9/11 has had no impact on passenger travel.

December 9, 2002 statement by ALPA President Duane Woerth

“Congress recognized this immediately following 9/11 by granting short-term financial aid and establishing the Air Transportation Safety and System Stabilization Act to guarantee long-term loans for those airlines most severely impacted by terrorism. Yet the Board that is in charge of guaranteeing these loans has turned its back on two airlines hit hardest by 9/11, United and U.S. Airways.”

Wait a minute! Mr. Woerth is arguing that federal loans guarantees enacted as a result of 9/11 should be utilized in Dec 2002 to bail out UAL. I thought DALPA is saying that the 9/11 impact is over and that all furloughed pilots should be recalled.

December 9, 2002 statement by ALPA President Duane Woerth

"And, somebody should also ask why the global airline industry is doing so much better than that in the U.S.? Their labor costs are higher and productivity lower than U.S. carriers, but they’re still profitable. Could it be that the sudden drop in business travel revenue, excessive Internet fare discounting, mismanagement of pension funds, bad business plans and relentless U.S. government increases in user fees and taxes on our industry, in addition to the tragedy of 9/11, have something to do with the state of the U.S. airline industry?

Mr. Woerth is absolutely correct. The European airline industry is doing much better…. because their passengers and citizens weren’t bombed and murdered in and by their own airplanes. Why does he keep referring to the tragedy of 9/11 while he is begging for money for UAL? I thought it was no big deal. At least that is what DALPA says.

You girls need to get your story straight.

RJCAP,

You are partly correct. The MD-11's are being parked according to Mike Bell---one of our VP's, and some domestic 767-ER's are going to replace them, but I don't think RJ's are going to replace any of the Domestic 767ER's routes. Those routes were long haul, which are still too far for RJ's (at this time) to replace. The only other airplanes we are parking for good are the 727's, and they haven't been used out West for atleast 6 months. (Besides El Paso) I believe they are just re-allocating airplanes where they think they will make profits. I believe they plan to have 36 757's flying the LCC (whatever the name is) by the end of this year. From the what I hear (which may be true) the LCC will be flying a lot of East Coast stuff (North South) and venture into Las Vegas with allnighters to the East Coast. I have also heard there is a possibility of Florida to California routes---I have heard FLL--SNA, and FLL to OAK, along with MCO to SNA and OAK. Remember they want to fly those planes 12.5 hours a day, and that will take a lot of long flights. (Remember---there are 50 min turns between them) You will see more 737-200's in CVG. It is understandable that DFW is downsizing----the loads aren't enough for 757's, and those 757's can be used on the LCC.

9rj9,

You keep bringing up that 49% deal. WRONG. It is now 44%, and very unlikely to go to 49%. ASA and Comair could easily be sold off if things got that bad and Mesa or Trans States could be brought in easily for cheap. You know Ornstein would love to be a Delta Connection. Our MEC did not sell out our guys----come on man, you are jealous. Our furloughes will be back eventually? Why? Because they have furlough protection if they were hired before July 2nd, 2001. They have to come back eventually. Yes, it sucks that they are out, but it is just a matter of time, and the arbitrator may bring them back sooner than later. If United goes bye bye, or USAir for that matter with High gas prices and Iraq looming, guess who will be there to pick up the BIG pieces? You got it----Delta mainline. Gloating is fun sometimes, but don't count out the owner of your company---Delta.

Dave Griffen,

I know you don't want anyone out of work. NY Rangers is correct when he said they will come back. The arbitrator said that there will be a recall in "a timely fashion." He said that--and he is the judge. It doesn't matter what was happening before 9-11, and you and I know that people aren't scared to fly anymore, they are just scared to buy expensive tickets. Our famous No Furlough clasue that Leo signed states once again for everyone,"Regardless of the economy, or profitability or UNprofitability of the company---No Furloughs." Yes, I know that Iraq is coming up and "War emergency" is in there too. But, one thing that the arbitrator stated when we lost round 1 last year is a good definition of Force Mejeur. 9-11 was an attack that took everyone by surprise. It was a shock. This Iraq thing has been looming for 8 months----no surprise here. A good company would make contingency plans early----not furlough when there still supposedly is a no Furlough Clause. But, Dave, I do think your heart is in the right place. I really do want this Iraq thing over with and some expansion to return.

Bye Bye---General Lee:cool:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back