Delta Connection Academy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

172driver

Comair Aviation Academy officially changes its name tomorrow to Delta Connection Academy. The signs are up already. Any ideas on reasons? Opinions?

From what I've seen, nothing else will change internally. When hiring picks up again, it could be the place to be if they plan to offer guaranteed interviews at all five DCI carriers.

Oh yeah, CFI uniforms have changed to white and the students are in uniform now.

a. Uh, because Comair's MEC pissed off DALPA badly enough that everybody knows even a guaranteed job at Comair won't lead to a job a Delta?

b. Because nobody in the left half of the US knows who Comair is?

For whatever reason, I received a letter in the mail yesterday indicating the "changes". Guess they're sending out to pilots in the Orlando area who are interested in airline training or renting a bugsmasher.

Now that they're going with the Delta name does that mean I'll be able to rent a B767 instead of one of those puny RJ's :D ?

Last edited:
New name, same old B.S.. They sure do love being associated with Delta Airlines don't they? I read this on their new website:

"Delta Connection Pilots can earn over $5.5 million dollars during their career."

In what world is this possible?

This would mean that over a thirty-five year career age 25-60, one would have to average at least $157,142.00 per year. I know that Comair is one of the highest paying of the Regionals but that figure seems way high even with a 401K.

Last edited:
<Sigh>

"And, yes, you, too, can earn high pay, prestige and respect of your friends as a truck driving graduate of Denver Diesel College!!"

The name "Delta Connection Academy" is too much, in my $0.02. What was wrong with "Comair Aviation Academy"?

lol alot of yall may hate me but i say Flight Safety all the way ;) Dont get me wrong , but comair is my next choice. Anyone know the status on Pan Am ? arent they like in the hole now ? Take Care
Captain Landry

FlyChicaga said:
Just marketing folks. My best friend's boyfriend decided to go there... sans degree... thinks he will be at Delta in 5 years. Hmm, guess their marketing works.

Heck, if things don't turn around, I won't be at Delta in five years!

P.S.
I'm kidding. I think I will be back long before that, but I would strongly advise your friend to get a degree. He won't get hired at Delta without one. (I'm sure you already knew that)

Ha yeah no kidding. im lucky to be with a 135 company as it is. So yeah. 5 years who knows where we may be. And as for your boyfriend , i dunno bout him but i got friends who graduated there a year or 2 ago and they dont plan to go to delta for atleast 5 if their lucky! so. anwyays im outta here cyall later as we say in the south ;)
Take Care
Captain Landry

Wait a minute, your best friend is a woman, and I'm assuming that since she has a boyfriend, you're not getting any from her.

Are you SURE you don't swing that way? :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back