Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jehtplane said:
Ok your a dumbass!!!!!!!!

Exactly my point. Many of the people I flew with were this emotional, and had the IQ of a fire hydrant. This led me to the screen name and to MUCH greener pastures. It is also why these people deserve what they get, although to the detriment of the smart ones. It is also why I am...

Glad to be gone

Bankruptcy is the easy way out. They all know it, and are doing their "best" to avoid it. Sure...

scopeCMRandASA said:
Exactly my point. Many of the people I flew with were this emotional, and had the IQ of a fire hydrant. This led me to the screen name and to MUCH greener pastures. It is also why these people deserve what they get, although to the detriment of the smart ones. It is also why I am...

Glad to be gone

Congratulations on your new green pastures. I'm glad to see you're chewing green cud once again, and loving your beautiful and unique screen name. It is truly lovely. We will miss you! Hugs and kisses! Farewell, my young FAG!

General Lee said:
Give me a break Russ. Would things have "Crashed" so fast? We litterally stopped all airline flying for almost a week, and then nobody flew for a month. That is what really killed us from the start. So, that would have happened with the economy too? I am sure the econoomy would have started downhill, but people wouldn't have stopped flying so fast, and planes parked overnight. Come on now. We would have had more time to put plans together, not park planes overnight. 9-11 wasn't in the cycle.

9/11 has been blamed for all business declines, from airlines to tourism to even grocery stores. I suppose SWA also is about to file Ch.11 due to 9/11, is that correct?

MIS-management at the top contributed to this situation. ALL Airlines (like you said) were hit by 9/11, the better managed ones came out of the storm cell on the other side with alot less damage than the poorly managed ones.

M. St. Lawrence said:
I can remember when Delta, United, American, NWA etc. pilots demeaned us @ TWA for taking pay cuts...guess what!!!!!!

And look where TWA ended up after all your paycuts. You all lost your jobs in the end. If you would not have taken pay cuts, at least you would have had decent wages in your pocket until the end. I understand why you did it even though I do not agree with your actions. I am one of a very few though. Just over six months ago, Delta pilots took paycuts to keep Delta out of bankruptcy. Here we are with Delta about to file anyway. Do you really think when Delta goes bankrupt, that the Delta pilots will not take anymore paycuts? I know most Delta pilots think that was a one-time deal, but in bankruptcy, judge will throw out their contract and force them to renegotiate. Will ALPA support them if they strike? Nope; Duane Worth and everyone else high up at ALPA will not support a strike because their 400,000 dollars per year salary is paid by dues. Why would they support something that would hurt themselves? How many paycuts did the Airways pilots take? I think the answer is three, but I have nothing to back that up so feel free to correct me if I am wrong. How many did United take? One major airline after the next will reduce their payscales while the regional payscales will keep rising slowly as they fly bigger airplanes. Everything will probably eventually equalize in the middle somewhere with all of us making what anyone can make at a basic labor job.

79%N1 said:
Just because an airline goes bankrupt does NOT mean doom for that airline or its regional affiliates!!! It is a way to reorganize your finances - PERIOD!

Just out of curiosity can you tell me how many airlines have gone bankrupt in the past 25 years? Out of those airlines how many survived?

Latest resources

Back