• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

delta airelite

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, they bought the old FBO in CVG. They claim they are a fractional ownership company that has been in business since 1984. Looks more like a 135 operator with a couple of Lears and Challangers. They are also looking to manage airplanes if you have one they can use for their 135 "Fractional" operation. I think the last 2 letters on the tail of their managed airplanes end in DM. I think they are the initials of the dude that started COMAIR.

I'm not sure how they are set up internally, but they are on a pretty heavy-duty marketing campaign right now.

I was contacted recently as asked if our company wished to place our new Lear 60 on their operating certificate. The basic proposal in my phone conversation appears quite competitive with "other charter" outfits, with a requirement to carry slightly higher liability limits.

The two folks I spoke with were quite professional, and make a point of stressing they were not a fractional operator, but were in the process of 'building' their fleet with aircraft that would be available to do back-up for their customers. They currently do have operating authority on a few types, LR60 one of them.

Our current utilization really didn't jive with the type of availability they are looking for (100+hrs per year, somewhat evenly spread) so we'll not go with them, but certainly a good option for some operators.

Delta Air Elite

Delta Air Elite is the old Comair Jet Express. They offer old fashion charter a/c management services, some of which are fractional in nature and most of those aircraft are available for charter. They are managing a/c all over the country but I don't have any #. The pay is fairly low and the security is questionable.

The pay is fairly low and the security is questionable.
Very questionable! Next time you are in CVG, pick up one of their brochures and read about their elite fractional program that has existed since 1984. I couldn't find one blurb in it about safety. They are not a fractional, it's a 135 operation trying to sell business jet time cards to it's first class Delta passengers.

Latest resources

Back