Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ivauir

SNIKT!
Delta has unveiled a new interior for its jets featuring blue leather seats; softer cushions in first class; a "cleaner, brighter look throughout"; and even a redesigned lavatory that includes a wood-grain floor.

According to an article in The Cincinnati Enquirer, the new cabin design also calls for a change to a new LED overhead lamp that is more adjustable, brighter, and much longer lasting than the previous fixed halogen bulbs. "We can't delay making the necessary changes on behalf of our customers any further, even while we try to restructure financially," said Ron Eaton, the airline's general manager for interiors engineering. The airline says half of its fleet will get the interior overhaul by the end of next year. Five planes already have been converted

"...can't delay...", Ron Eaton ? "...CAN'T DELAY...?!?!?! Keep sayin' it, Bubba. Those new interiors will really impress the BK judge as money well-spent. Where do they get management who make decisions like this ? Oh, that's right, I forgot. They paid extra to encourage them to stay on...no, wait a minute, all those people left...no, wait a minute...they've got me soooooooooo confused.

But, at least they've spend what should be my retirement income on fancy-schmancy reading lights. I've got THAT goin' for me !!

Let's give Ron Eaton a big bonus, but pay it in Kool Aid mix...

Last edited:
DELTA PILOTS------Do not give in to the BS about bankrupcy and liquidation. These mngmt types doctor up the books to "look" like a loss.When the apparant loss is believed then you are forced to give up pay, work rules etc...

Back in the early 90s, NWA threatened bankrupcy to get concessions..Years later an economist, actually a few did a research on the alledged NWA bankrupcy position....They found that NWA was no where near Bankrupcy.

***Do you think any airline near a dire situation (besides UAL) whould opt to change their a/c interiors?

AnimalTale said:
DELTA PILOTS------Do not give in to the BS about bankrupcy and liquidation. These mngmt types doctor up the books to "look" like a loss.When the apparant loss is believed then you are forced to give up pay, work rules etc...

Back in the early 90s, NWA threatened bankrupcy to get concessions..Years later an economist, actually a few did a research on the alledged NWA bankrupcy position....They found that NWA was no where near Bankrupcy.

***Do you think any airline near a dire situation (besides UAL) whould opt to change their a/c interiors?
In order for DL to survive, they have to create a product that will give them a yield premium over the LCC's. Right now, the LCC's have new planes with new interiors and in some cases top-notch in-flight entertainment. Meanwhile, DL is flying around with dirty, worn out planes that offer little or no inflight entertainment. How do you expect carriers like DL to earn a premium over JetBlue and other carriers, when they offer an inferior product???

If DL doesn't invest in customer service, DL will fail....it's a guarantee. WN provides some of the best customer service in the industry and not surprisingly WN pilots will soon be some of the best paid in the industry. What a coincidence!!!!

Medflyer,

I have a serious question. How do you invest in customer service when your frontline employees (Gate people and stews) are most old and jaded? You can't fire them---that is age discrimination. I guess you make life hard for them--close bases, offer one time retirement packages, etc....... Yes, our pilots are paid more than others and that will soon change, but the retirements are coming and there is a mandatory age retirement anyway for pilots. Not so for everyone else..... I nonrev quite a bit and I see our frontline employees, and it makes me wonder-----often.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
... How do you invest in customer service when your frontline employees (Gate people and stews) are most old and jaded? You can't fire them---that is age discrimination... I nonrev quite a bit and I see our frontline employees, and it makes me wonder-----often.
You hit that nail square on the head. I nonrev on Mama D every week, and most of the FAs are old, haggard, and jaded - or just plain mean. "Flight Attendant" should not be a career position.

Why would they want to leave? It is a fairly easy job with a few days of reccurent each year, and they get free food on a lot of the flights. On the longer INTL flights, they get to fly to Europe once a week and go shopping with their friends---the ones they have known at Delta for 30+ years. I have heard more than one say "Hey Alice, let's bid Madrid on Tuesdays next month--we can go shopping and eat more tapas at that great Spanish restaurant....." And, what are they when they return home to their condo? They return as Cat ranchers. (growing/breeding multiple cats in their condos)

Now I have to be careful, because there are some good ones out there. But, there are more out of shape jaded ones than great ones these days....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Medflyer,

I would suggest that a superior "product" is not made by better reading lights. Decisions like that are the "product" of a hopelessly marooned management. There are better places to spend money than new interiors.

Last edited:
General Lee said:
And, what are they when they return home to their condo? They return as Cat ranchers. (growing/breeding multiple cats in their condos)
Cat ranchers.... Now that is funny!

Latest resources

Back