• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Define SOLO time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yea I'm always gonna log solo time when its fit. Why? Because I want whoever looks at my book to see when I had to make the decisions, without anyone else there to throw in their two cents.

You cannot tell me that freight dogs don't LOVE to brag about being single pilot etc, so why not fill in the solo column.

Don't forget the five hours solo night needed for the commercial. I know a guy who went to his commercial ride with five hours PIC night, but not solo. The checkride was over five minutes after it began.

cvsfly said:
Ok, so after the commercial license, why would you log solo time in the same cat & class. It really shouldn't add up to much.
No reason to unless you just want to keep track of it for some personal reason. That's probably why a lot of logbooks don't have a separate column for it. There's no regulatory reason (so far) once you have the commercial certificate

Solo is sole occupant of the aircraft unless the aircraft requires more than one pilot, end of story.

As other posters have noted, certification has NOTHING to do with the issue.

For the purposes of certification, you are required to log solo eperience, even when commercially certificated, when adding a category rating. For example, adding a gyroplane rating to a commercial certificate with airplane single engine land already having been obtained.

Solo means you are the only occupant.

Latest resources

Back