December NetJets interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not like the good ole days back in 2001 where they hired over the phone

let me see i was hired in 2001 and they never hired me over the phone. 2000 i flew out to lgb and interviewed.

So pilotyip you're wrong.

Diesel your right I lied. They did interview, no sim evals, but set the interviews up over the phone without a formal application.

The same thing happend to indi air pilots and midway pilots.

You're not special for that.

HI,

For those interested, here is my Netjets application and interview experience.

I mailed off my resume to Netjets early to mid-September. I received the application packet on or about Sep 21 or 22. It was postmarked Sep 19 so add a few days to that. Due to vacation, I could not finish the application and send it in until mid-October. I received the application accepted email on Nov 7 and the invite to interview on the 14th. There were 4 choices to select from for interview dates and I chose the earliest one, that being December 5 and 6.

The 5th and 6th were extremely long days as I was travelling from the west coast. I got to the hotel with about 10 minutes to check-in and get back to the lobby to meet the other interviewees and ride over to HQ. The presentation was very impressive as was the hangar facility. We got to check out an Excel, Ultra, and G200. All very nice. Did the drug test also. Derinda completed the presentation a little late due to the fire alarms going off a few times so we got the sim brief the next morning from Lenny. Overall, very nice presentation.

The sim eval was the first thing in the morning for me. Then I had to sit and sit and sit some more as I was in the last group to interview. Needless to say by interview time with Derinda and Joel, I was rather tired. After the interview, I was spent and just wanted to get home.

Over the next week, I relived all my aswers and the second-guessing began. Should I have answered that question like that? Or this? My nerves began to settle when I received a call from a background checker so at that point I knew my application was being processed furthur. On December 21st, I received a call from Ms. Liggett offering me the Beechjet with an LAX base. She said I qualified for the Ultra but no class dates so Beechjet it is. I am just happy to have an LAX base. Class date as of right now is March 5 for indoc and April 9 for Hawker 400XP a.k.a. Beechjet school in Toledo. How is that Flight Safety? For that matter, how is any Flight Safety? Only been to Simuflite. And, what can I expect during indoc?

That was my experience in a nutshell. Good luck to those with upcoming interviews and looking forward to getting my first type and getting out on the line.

Chrtrplt

Diesel never said anything was special, just different in the old days when Netjets was not overwhelmed with applications

Congrats and welcome aboard! Indoc is just like indoc everywhere else as you have to cover the same stuff. You can expect to struggle to stay awake. Make sure they show you the trunkmonkey clips - those never get old. The instructors are good about taking a break every hour or so. My experience with Flight Safety was a positive one - they definitely knew the aircraft, and the instructors all seemed personable. And of course there is lots of free food around which is important to me.

Every FSI runs their ship a little different - I haven't personally been to TOL but im sure someone on here can chime in on that one. The company will mail you a packet of aircraft info to study before you go - try to have a basic grasp of the limitations and memory items before you go, it will help immensely.

Let us know if we can answer anything else for you! Enjoy your time at World HQ!

HI,

How is that Flight Safety? For that matter, how is any Flight Safety? Only been to Simuflite. And, what can I expect during indoc?

Chrtrplt

I trained at Simuflite with Netjets in the Hawker 1000 program for many years. Now I train at Flightsaftey. I miss simuflite. It has a much better facility than any FSI I've been. There's more experience in the instructor ranks which translates into better working knowledge to add to the book knowledge. Very few FSI instructors have even flown the types they teach. Very simply, I used to look forward to recurrent, now I don't. Just my personal experience.

Class date as of right now is March 5 for indoc and April 9 for Hawker 400XP a.k.a. Beechjet school in Toledo. How is that Flight Safety? For that matter, how is any Flight Safety?
I did my Ultra type in Toledo - pretty good people there, though the 400 training is new there. FlightSafety overall is pretty nice, though the Toledo facility seems a little older than the norm, a little more run-down. They do their best to get you through the program, you are their customer and they treat you right. TOL pretty much sucks - you'd be better off going to ICT, but you don't have any choice in the matter, so enjoy whatever you can (i.e., Platinum :D)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back