de=ice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fowingman

OFF the wall question!! But does anyone have any idea what it costs to de-ice the average size airplane, with type 1, or both 1 & 4. I was just curious, and if i know its expensive, i'm for sure going to get de-iced everytime for the next few months.

Medium to large size corporate jet is going to be between 2000 and 5000 depending on the severity of the ice and the size of the plane. That is for type I and IV.

Just type I will probably be 500 to 1500 the same.

That pretty much knocks out any profit on an RJ. Regardless, don't mess around with when or why you have it done.

Well, the airlines probably aren't paying that much because of volume but they stick it to the corporate ops.

I am not aware of anyone who uses 100% glycol for type one...not sure about type 2

I dont know of any US operator that uses 2. I think it may even been banned in the US for environmental and health reasons.

I think, and dont quote me on this, that type 1 is around 8 bucks a gallon and 4 is around $14. The prices, just like gas are going up.

I dont know of any US operator that uses 2. I think it may even been banned in the US for environmental and health reasons.

I think, and dont quote me on this, that type 1 is around 8 bucks a gallon and 4 is around $14. The prices, just like gas are going up.

Er yeah and by 2 I meant 4.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back