DCI for CHQ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gpch4

Does this mean even more growth for CHQ? and where will they put all those new jets? MCO? CMH? Another new base?

ANYONE? Bueller?

No idea about CHQ much anymore. I havent heard that callsign over the radio in ages! They must be cuting back on flights ?
Cap'n

ATLANTA, Feb. 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL - News) today announced it will expand its Delta Connection service from Columbus, Ohio, offering customers 11 new flights between Ohio's capital city and Boston, Dallas/Fort Worth, Florida and New York.
Effective this spring, Delta Connection will add three new nonstop flights to Boston, two new nonstop flights to Delta's Dallas/Fort Worth hub and one new nonstop flight to Delta's international gateway at New York City's John F. Kennedy International Airport. In addition, Delta Connection is significantly improving service between Columbus and Florida by adding two new nonstop flights each to Fort Lauderdale and Fort Myers, Fla., Delta Connection also will increase its service to Orlando, Florida, from three daily flights to four.

"Customers flying from Port Columbus International Airport now will have more access to Delta's worldwide network with new flights to Delta's hub in Dallas/Ft. Worth and the JFK international gateway, as well as additional nonstop flights to popular vacation and business destinations," said Subodh Karnik, senior vice president-Network and Revenue Management.

Chautauqua Airlines, a Delta Connection carrier, will operate the flights using 50-seat Embraer ERJ145 regional jets. Designed for customer comfort, the ERJ features large overhead bins and one-by-two seating, with no middle seats.

Delta has served the Columbus area since 1959, and currently is the No.1 carrier from Columbus International Airport, carrying more than half a million Columbus passengers annually. Today, Delta and Delta Connection offers its customers in Columbus 26 daily departures with nonstop service to Atlanta, Cincinnati, New York-LaGuardia, Orlando, Tampa and Washington D.C. With the new service, Delta and Delta Connection will offer 37 daily departures.

gpch4 said:

ANYONE? Bueller?

in addition to the excellent reference that avrodriver posted, this subject has been covered in depth on this board. CHQ moving into MCO and other places has been a known fact since DCI briefed it last year..

No idea about CHQ much anymore. I havent heard that callsign over the radio in ages! They must be cuting back on flights ?

Where have you been hiding out?
I was flying to LGA the other day and there were like 5 CHQ flight's on the frequency, same going into Philly, 3 or 4 flights at the same time. From what I've heard, CHQ has been adding flights not cutting back on 'em

CHQ cutting back? Not true.

Chq is not cutting back. They presently have 61 aircraft, with 2 coming every month until they reach 75.

The routes are changing a bit, but they are still growing not shrinking.

CHq isn't getting any more planes for Delta than before. They are just repainting the America West planes that we already have, since AWA has decided to shut down the Columbus hub.

We will have 75 jets by the end of the year for sure, and we still have 30 options with Delta. Also, more codeshare opportunities are being explored. Lots of growth right now...:D

CHq isn't getting any more planes for Delta than before

To clarify that, they aren't getting anymore jets for CHQ. They are however getting more jets for delta since now the deal is 34 w/ 30 options. Where as before it was 22 w/ 30 options. Those 12 AWA jets are being transferred to DCI side, that is all.

Ha i have been away. I operate out of BTR to the south. Texas, GA you know places like that. Its rare that i see CHQ come here. But i do see them. Just lately i havent heard Chataqua over the radio so it was just a thought.
Blue Skies!!
Cap'n Landry

propilot150, you should change your name to Propliot when you get a job and you would know that CHQ doesn't fly in that direction, duhhh....

Latest resources

Back