DCI adds more ATL-JFK flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:eek: ASA Furloughs?!?

Umm...We here at ASA have heard those rumbles too, but I tend to discount them as BS. First, they cannot furlough out of senority order, and all of the new hires have been placed on the jet. Getting rid of them doesn't do anyone any good as they are needed to fly the jets we are getting while us Brasilia guys are sent back to school. Second, we aren't that over staffed, and will only take a net loss of 2 a/c this year due to the Brasilias going away.

On a side note the Brasilias in ATL will be parked towards the end of April. Right now we are being told that the Brasilias in Dallas should be around at least until the end of the summer. They just started installing the new cockpit doors on some of the a/c so I tend to believe that one. If the airplanes were gone in April, they wouldn't be doing the doors.

At worst :)D ) I figure I could maybe get a month or too off with pay if the training dept gets really backed up with Brasilia transitions this summer. If I get furloughed, I would expect ALPA could beat it in court.

Saberliner,

I highly doubt you guys will furlough due to the growth you should have eventually---especially since we increased the block hours for you. A month or two off "on the beach " is not bad----go to DAB and hang with the babes. IF you do get furloughed though, don't look to Comair to help you out. (I had to do it---sorry)

Caveman,

You are right about right sizing the airplanes for the routes. Just remember, you don't want to park all of the mainline airplanes in the process. There are plenty of new markets you guys can explore----on the East and West Coast. I am sure you will see a lot more of SLC and DFW in the future--which is good for you and me. The only people that might mind are the Skywest and Chit-talk pilots. Eventually Comair and ASA will have hundreds and hundreds of RJ's, and the parking spaces at ATL, CVG, and DFW are getting full. It will be interesting. Hopefully there will still be a Mainline left.....

Bye Bye---General Lee:cool:

DCI

General Lee,

I agree with Caveman's sentiments, give Comair the routes that are unprofitable for mainline ops, until the demand recovers and mainline can take it back. i for one don't want to see mainline shrink any more than it has - one of my best friends is a furloughed MD-88 pilot.

one thing to keep in mind though - Ma Delta makes the decisions on where DCI flies, according to management. every month, Delta decides who gets what . so, when Chitaqua takes over MCO for Comair, or Comair picks up ATL routes for ASA or whatever, it's not one DCI carrier fighting with another. we're just doing what Delta tells us to do. in the same respect, it's Delta that decides how many RJs, ATRs or Brasilias it will fly vs. how many mainline jets they will park.

captainv

>>Caveman,

You are right about right sizing the airplanes for the routes. Just remember, you don't want to park all of the mainline airplanes in the process. There are plenty of new markets you guys can explore----on the East and West Coast. I am sure you will see a lot more of SLC and DFW in the future--which is good for you and me. The only people that might mind are the Skywest and Chit-talk pilots. Eventually Comair and ASA will have hundreds and hundreds of RJ's, and the parking spaces at ATL, CVG, and DFW are getting full. It will be interesting. Hopefully there will still be a Mainline left.....

Latest resources

Back