• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DayJet receives 3 EA500's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I see that DayJet took delivery of 3 more Eclipse 500's last week. Does anyone know when they will begin operations?

http://www.eclipseaviation.com/index.php?option=com_newsroom&task=viewpr&id=1217&Itemid=52

Should be interesting to watch. I wonder how Satsair's operation in Florida will be impacted - I am betting that Satsair's success will actually help Dayjet in terms of market acceptance among business travelers, etc.

I still have not heard much in terms of actual pilot hiring for the eventual launch... When is the estimated launch now that Dayjet actually has a few aircraft? Any estimates?

I would hardly call the "things" that were delivered to dayjet "airplanes"... Eclipse is so full of crap and so far behind the 8-ball that the deliveries to dayjet were not even certified and had stripped interiors. But...it is legal to give instruction in "experimental" planes.

Rumor has it that the Dayjet airplanes are not approved for Part 135, so at this time they are training airplanes only.

I guess the Dayjet high-utilization model probably could not have worked with more expensive Citation Mustangs. Too bad - that Mustang looks like a great airplane to fly - for both the pilots and the passengers.

Latest resources

Back