DayJet Expects to Launch in July!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IFR vs VFR

There is nothing to preclude anyone who is VFR to request to shoot an ILS or any other instrument approach procedure ... of course, you were there and I wasn't. If they requested an IFR pick up to shoot the practice approach, or if VFR cloud minimums didn't exist, that's a whole different story.

Regardless the airplane they've chosen, I hope that Day Jet succeeds. If they do, that just means more pilot jobs out there ... and a higher demand for pilots. High demand = higher wages.

There is nothing to preclude anyone who is VFR to request to shoot an ILS or any other instrument approach procedure ... of course, you were there and I wasn't. If they requested an IFR pick up to shoot the practice approach, or if VFR cloud minimums didn't exist, that's a whole different story.

Regardless the airplane they've chosen, I hope that Day Jet succeeds. If they do, that just means more pilot jobs out there ... and a higher demand for pilots. High demand = higher wages.

Given that Dayjet will be paying pilots roughly $50K per year (not good if you live near Boca Raton), let's hope pilot demand is huge...........

DayJets pay rates

I've been looking for the starting pay for DayJets; is it 50k for the first year? How about subsequent years?

I've been looking for the starting pay for DayJets; is it 50k for the first year? How about subsequent years?

Dayjet likes to stress the non-pay "benefits" like being home every night and having a fixed schedule so that they can avoid talking about pay...

Looks like a fun jet to fly with those side-sticks but at $50K in Florida you really can't afford much unless your spouse is a lawyer, etc. It's just too dang expensive in FL. Sounds like a perfect job for a retired airline pilot who actually got out before the pensions dried up.......

This is now and will probably remain and entry level jet job with some decent turnover. It is appealing to someone who wants to be home and not on the road.

Have they actually hired any "line" pilots? What is competitive right now? If I were interested could I just walk in, or would I have to call or what? I know that the online app is the current way to send the resume, but I want to know about a follow up. How can I do that?

Thanks

I believe that most of the line pilots that they have hired have been doing other duties in anticipation of the start. Perhaps about 15 are typed.

Latest resources

Back