• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dasburg knew all along

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You have a very good point Penguin....one that our employee group should ask JD....

I know he has been a contributor to John McCain since the beggining.

http://www.campaignmoney.com/political/contributions/john-dasburg.asp?cycle=08

http://www.muckety.com/John-H-Dasburg/6953.muckety

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/fundraisers.htm

On the other hand....Astar's other owner is a Die Hard Democrat and Senator Diane Fienstien's husband.

http://www.myleftwing.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=6393

I looked for any political contributions on the behalf of Joe Hete, but cant find them anywhere.

I'm guessing that Joe has to show up at a town hall meeting and try to get face time with McCain when Dasburg can simply pick up the "BAT" phone and call him.

Do I trust Dasburg? Yea...About as much as you trust Hete.

Last edited:
This is going nowhere because the powers that be are making the assumption that DHL wants to compete for the US market, wants to remain a viable entitiy here, not just seeking a way out of business gracefully.
Tell me how you compel someone to stay in business that does not want to be.
Tell me how you get someone to throw money down a black hole to maintain social responsibility.
Tell me how you compel a company to maintain an air force when others have gone out of business all the time without Congress being involved.
Tell me how you win?????

If the UPS/DHL deal gets stopped by some miracle.....it will not prevent DHL from pulling out of Wilmington and going back to CVG. Legalities are one thing and a moral obligation is another.

DHL (Deutsche Post) is a POS and they do not care about Moral obligations....

I cant say that DHL is actually losing as much money in the USA as they say thay are. They have a history of fixing books since way before the Germans bought them. I do know that 40% of DHL's international freight is generated as a result of its US occupation..

My plan is to help the screwed...screw Deutsche post...rather than help Deutsche Post screw me.

Last edited:
This is going nowhere because the powers that be are making the assumption that DHL wants to compete for the US market, wants to remain a viable entitiy here, not just seeking a way out of business gracefully.
Tell me how you get someone to throw money down a black hole to maintain social responsibility.
Tell me how you compel a company to maintain an air force when others have gone out of business all the time without Congress being involved.
Tell me how you win?????

Tell me how any of this affects you and why do you even care?

Please tell me?

Luftansa's Jurgen Weber is on Deutsche Post's board pulling the Appel/DHL US strings.

Luftansa and Deutsche Post have had corruption scandal recently.....such as spying on journalists who find the truth..

Both Luftansa and Deutsche post are "State Owned"

http://www.spiegel.de/international/business/0,1518,558510,00.html

http://www.businessweek.com/globalb...080610_815936.htm?campaign_id=rss_eu_bulgaria

And dont forget Deutsche Post's Klaus Zumwinkel recently stepped down as a result of Tax evasion charges.

We are dealing with scumbag Germans who are now trying to manipulate the American economy and American workers for higher profit.

Statement of the Supervisory Board of Deutsche Post AG

aufmacher_ab_01_2007.Par.0014.Image.gif
At its meeting in Bonn today, the Supervisory Board of Deutsche Post AG accepted the decision of Klaus Zumwinkel (64) to resign from his office as Chief Executive Officer of Deutsche Post AG. Jürgen Weber, Chairman of the Supervisory Board, congratulates Frank Appel
The Supervisory Board expresses its thanks to Klaus Zumwinkel for the successful entrepreneurial leadership in the past 18 years and for his outstanding achievements in creating the world’s leading logistics group.
The Supervisory Board unanimously appointed Frank Appel (46) as Chief Executive Officer of Deutsche Post AG, taking effect immediately. His contract runs until October 31, 2012.
Appel has been a member of the Board of Management since 2002 and is in charge of the Corporate Division LOGISTICS, for MAIL International, for regulation management as well as the cross-divisional responsibility for the Group’s 100 largest customers (Global Customer Solutions).
The Supervisory Board also agreed to extend the contract of Chief Financial Officer John Allan (59) by two years until the end of 2010.

Last edited:
If the UPS/DHL deal gets stopped by some miracle.....it will not prevent DHL from pulling out of Wilmington and going back to CVG. Legalities are one thing and a moral obligation is another.

DHL (Deutsche Post) is a POS and they do not care about Moral obligations....

I cant say that DHL is actually losing as much money in the USA as they say thay are. They have a history of fixing books since way before the Germans bought them. I do know that 40% of DHL's international freight is generated as a result of its US occupation..

My plan is to help the screwed...screw Deutsche post...rather than help Deutsche Post screw me.

Excellent point made here. DPWN made somewhere near $6 billion last year. I had heard it was closer to 50% of it's international freight touches the US, but even if you use 40% thats $2.4 billion as a result of the US operation. That is why I say call their bluff when they say they may leave the US market. I think they know they need it.

Tell me how you win?????

So you suggest everyone in the whole town of Wilmington just roll over and take it. Yep what a great idea.:rolleyes: Eddie Murphy already did a skit to describe how that would go....let's see here....

Ralph Kramden leanin' out the window there one day sayin'

"Norton! Norton, pal! Come on down! I want to show you something.
HEH HEH"

"Hey Ralphie boy, what do you say there, pal of mine?"

"You know Norton, I've been watchin' you.
And I know you've been watchin' me, Norton.
You're watchin'. I know."

"So Ralph, what are you gettin' at?"

"Norton my friend, how would you like to **** me up the ***?
I know you want to **** me, Norton!
And you know that I know that you know that I know
that you want to **** me.
Now I'm gonna bend over. And when I do, start ******'!
Here I go!"

"Whoooooooooah!
Hummuna-hummunah-hummunah-hummunah-hummunah-hummunah-hu..."

"Way to go there, Ralphie boy!"

Last edited:
Tell me how you win?????

Pub, I can't believe I'm even gonna respond because you seem to indicate at all turns how we should simply just go quietly into the night...but, what the heck....

1. You can't compel someone to stay in business that doesn't want to be. You CAN force a company that is making and worth a buttload of money to honor their contractual and verbal agreements made to the State of Ohio and employees whom they have contracts with. The main problem on that front with DHL is that they tend to believ they are totally above having to honor the agreements they make...with any entity. They can do whatever they want, but till they run out of money, they can by-God pay for promises they made that other people helped finance...(Ohio Tax Payers and Pilot dropping lawsuits in return for growth).

2. I don't think you can get DHL to continue to throw money down a black hole. I think you can convince DHL, that they have a choice,...either throw money where they've been throwing it, but come up with a better plan to compete and thus make good on their commitments. OR, pay money to those who were co-investors in their debacle. It's not a matter of whether or not DHL's gonna continue to pi$$ away money, it's just a matter of how much and who it'll go to. We are simply trying to compel DHL to realign their direction of fire of pi$$ing it away into OUR bucket.

3. I don't care if they keep an airforce. 4. Due to fraudulent inducement damages and and being one of 525 who were third party beneficiaries of their deal with AStar through 2019....they pay off my house....plus maybe a little beer money. THAT's how I win....and you'll never hear from me again.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back