Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

blueridge71

Outlasted two companies
This message is sent in accordance with Article I, Section 19 of the ALPA Constitution and By-Laws and applicable law, which require ALPA to comply with all reasonable requests from candidates for union office to distribute campaign literature. All expenses associated with this message are borne by the candidate or members acting on the candidate's behalf.

Dear Fellow ALPA Member,

Hello, my name is Dan Brannan and I am writing to announce my candidacy for the position of President of the Air Line Pilots Association. I know that it is highly unusual that a candidate for a National Office includes the entire ALPA membership with their campaign announcement, however I believe that the most important thing that ALPA must do is regain the trust and faith of you, the line pilot. And it is for this reason that I want to set the tone at the very outset and let you know that you and your family are my most important concern, both now and throughout my tenure as your President.

We are at a unique moment in time, one of those moments that can change the course of events and our future. ALPA, our profession, and our livelihood hang very much in the balance. Our success is going to be largely dependent on what ALPA’s leadership does over the course of the next few years. One choice is that we can continue as is, a conservative and reactionary organization that has struggled to effectively represent and protect us against the forces of globalization, the powers of government, and the outright hostility toward all of labor, particularly pilots. We can continue to watch as a select few individuals, with literally no skin in the game, run our airlines into the ground only to walk away with millions of dollars for themselves. This is one option. The other option is to change. My candidacy is about change, about taking control of our future and taking control of our careers. This means that we cannot continue to rely on industry cycles, losing hard earned contractual gains during downturns only to have to fight and scratch and try to claw those losses back during periods of industry recovery. Our historic dependence on this cyclic evolution indicates that we are incapable of thinking out of the box and incapable of truly influencing events that control our future and our career.

ALPA has become a creature of habit, and organization that continues to rely on tactics and strategies that worked and were applicable decades ago, prior to deregulation, but that do not work in today’s high speed world where relentless change occurs at hyper speed. The world has changed—we have not. And in recent years we have paid dearly for it.

We; you, your family and your fellow crewmembers need leadership that is in tune with the line pilot and that is capable of creating and leading this organization in a dynamic and new direction. Rather than attempt to elaborate here, I have worked with my campaign committee and we have developed a website that we will be using throughout my campaign. For your convenience I have included the link (http://www.danbrannan.com) that will take you directly to that website.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my campaign announcement, I look forward to serving you as the next ALPA President.

Fraternally,

Capt. Dan Brannan

He has one of the requirements for national officer checked off-the good ole stach. Its very impressive.

Just be sure to get all the facts.
Apologies and Clarifications
He isn't flying right now because of this. But I am sure ALPA will get his job back soon. Yeah, ALPA prez sounds a lot better than turning 60 and having to sit in the back seat.

Fed Dood???

Why isn't he flying because of this. What does this have anything to do with ALPA or flying. Maybe I missed something. Thanks.:confused:

Dirty Sanchez said:
1. Wearing the uniform in family photos?

2. No degree.

What's up with this guy?

I pretty sure he has a JD, not sure from where. As far as the pics go its probably for his web site. All I know is anyone is better than Duane.

Haha, he put he attendend numerous self improvement seminars under education in his resume. Is this guy for real?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back