Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL New Hires..Where did they go and what equip?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Westbound,
Congrats and welcome to Delta. I was actually in the last class to get hired in May of 2008. All I can say is that you are going to love it. I won't say that commuting is fun but the company treats you sooo much better than the regionals. (not sure where you came from but I spent 11 years there)
Don't let the 12 days off a month off scare you. For the last 2 years I've been commuting to reserve and averaging 16+ days a month off because I can do long call from home. (assuming you live close enough to your base).
Not only that, you are are the front end of the hiring wave. You'll probably be a line holder before you start IOE...
Good Luck and study hard!

I would not go that far, but we may be hiring more and the time on reserve may be less. Great things are coming for DAL, but nothing happens quick and time is measured in quarters and years not days and weeks.

Last edited:
I am a 14+ yr. guy at a regional and feel the need to get out before the regionals implode. Have been a captain for over 12 years and actually looking forward to the right seat at mainline. It will be a good midlife change. Any other helpful information would be great to here for the transition.......I'll be real junior in my class but hoping for MSP (live 2.5 hrs. away)

There should be a decent amount of seats in MSP. New bid comes out today and will be open for 10 days. If you are one of the guys coming next week, you will be able to bid on these open seats.

FWIW, my story was like yours, and I love being at DAL. Different game completely. Welcome aboard.

Reserve has been a bear this summer, but far and away life is better here than it was at a regional. I've been on reserve for 2 and a half years and I'd take that over my "high" seniority at a regional any day.

You're gonna like it here.... Welcome aboard!

i wish they'd call the rest of us who had class dates before the merger! i guess "pool dissolved" was the end of the line after all-

Latest resources

Back