DAL JS on International Flights?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ILStoMinimums

I am looking for Deltas policy on Internation Jump Seating.
I will need to JS back to the US from SVO (Moscow, Russia) to JFK in the middle of next month. Could some of you guys (General, etc) give me some info about DAL Internation JS please?

Thanks!

How about DAL/DAL conn. pilots jumpseating on Fedex?

Are we ever going to be allowed back on Fedex? (or UPS for that matter). It's not your fault, it just stings a bit to have a one-way agreement with respect to J/S privilages.

I jumpseated to and from Ireland on Delta last November. I went to the international ticket counter in ATL and prepaid all the international landing fees for both ways before I went and I got another jumpseat form for the flight back before I left the US. I don't think I listed either way and I'm not sure if you can or not, but I just went to the Delta ticket counter on the way back, showed them my already paid fees ticket and told them I'd like to jumpseat and they gave me a ticket to get through security. It all worked out well, but I'm not sure if there have been any changes since. Good luck.

Thanks for the info. I am going to go and see if I can pay for my way back. I'm hoping the DAL agents in Moscow are understanding.
Any other experiences?

It is my understanding that the TSA SD that requires a 24 hr. pre listing ONLY applies to the cockpit jumpseat. It is also my understanding that Delta will allow international jumpseating on flights returning to the United States. Obviously, it is first come first serve and limited to the number of jumpseats on the aircraft. I am not with Delta Air Lines, but as the Jumseat Chairman at SkyWest we are a Delta codeshare and have a few dealings with DAL. Hope this helps. Good Luck in Russia.

Thanks!

So it is first come first serve with Internation jumpseating? I'm assuming the entire DAL system get prioirty then it goes first come first serve?
I'll let you all know how it went - holding my breath.

Actualy, I think it goes DAL pilots #1, DAL codeshare [i.e. Comair, ASA, SkyWest, Chautauqua etc.] #2, and first come first serve within both priority's and then off line jumpseaters in order of first come first serve. Again, hope I answered your question and have a great time in Russia.

Flyer2000,

Thanks for the heads up! I am sure I'll have a good time over there and I sure hope I make it out of SVO on time! I'm thinking that if I don't make it on the plane, I may have to buy a ticket to Schipol and catch NWA out of there?

Here's the rule for DAL: If "ALL" jumpseats are occupied by the relief crew then you cannot "jumpseat". Even if there are 199 seats in the back you cannot jumpseat. Take it from me...I got F'cked big time. So if there are 2 relief pilots on a 777, you cannot "jumpseat" (i.e. ride in the back) even if there is one revenue pax in the back. Check the route and see how many pilots are working the flight.

This "one jump seat per airplane" rule has got to stop.

If I were you, I would buy a non-rev ticket on Lufthannsa...

DAL goes to Moscow? Are you sure it's not a codeshare? If it does, all jumpseats will be occupied by the relief crew if it's a 777.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back