DAL and "The Homestead Strike"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You mean the Japs DIDN'T have a secret airfield in Pomona? :eek:

Someone will back down in this fight. IMO.

If they don't, then the fix was in with Wall St. and there is a plan to pick up the pieces. (Pilots in training right now is a little far fetched but a ValuJet-like resurrection is certainly plausable.)

Now, will Delta hurry up and strike? I need that free 737 type... (I'm kidding! Geez...) TC

I have not been "rejected" anywhere. I have flown heavy jets and regional jets at two airlines.
A CRJ is not a heavy jet. And being "rejected" is nothing to be ashamed of. Just because you weren't offered an interview is no reason to be so biased!

But this really isn't about me, it is about the cloud some of you live on. From the news reports this morning it seems that DALPA is coming to it's senses and cutting a deal. I just can't believe that many of you believe that shutting down the airline and forcing liquidation will do anything to improve your careers. There must be something in the water down in Peachtree City (the Eastern guys drank it too). You are better off living to fight another day, because DAL management will come out on top either way that it goes.
If the news media reported it then it has to be right huh?? This is about setting a standard, you obviously have NO clue as to what is going on with the situation at DL, but hey, don't let facts get in the way of your vitrol! Our managment team was quoted "do it once, do it right." Well we did it, and now they want to throw out our contract! Sorry, but this is about setting a precedence(sp).

If DAL liquidates investers will buy the best parts and start a new operation. Former DAL management will likely be running it. Airline pilots are a dime a dozen these days, there are plenty of pilots out there that can and will take your former jobs for lower pay. Some former DAL pilots will start a business or a new career, some will fly for the "new" airline, some will be hired by other airlines, but the majority will not be better off in the long run if DAL liquidates.
I don't doubt that. Numerous times on this very board nimrods have stated that this job pays too much. If they love it so much, then do it for free, that way they can make their way into management. Your posts reek of bile towards airline pilot careers. I don't know if you never were able to get hired by a major or if you're just a plain old flame thrower, either way, you're way off course!

I don't have anything against airline pilots or DAL pilots. I worked at two airlines (an international air cargo airline, was furloughed, then worked at a regional airline until I could find something better, which I did). I really hope it all works out. I am simply saying that some of you live in a dream world where you think that DAL management really cares if you strike. It looks like the DAL pilots came to their senses and made a deal. All I am saying is that if you strike and allow the airline to be liquidated managent wins (they get to start a new super LLC without ALPA or any union contracts to worry about).

As for replacement pilots, they don't have to be training them, they can hire them already trained on a contract basis. Do you think that with W in the White House the FAA won't bend over backwards to keep the new DAL in the skys?

You can try to make it personal, you can attack my military service, where I might have worked in the past, you can have a fantasy that I was rejected by DAL (I never applied, but the only two airlines I have applied to haven't called me in for an interview yet if it makes you feel better), but none of that refutes any of my points.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back