Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fam62c

Hi;

I saw on Airlinepilotcentral that CS has a one year 20K training contract. I'm just wondering how this works and when it would become effective. What does the employee get in return? Does the company guarantee you employment or a year? Will they pay you 20K if they lay you off or let you go prior to one year? Is the agreement pro-rated monthly? What if they change your base and make you move? What if they fire you? Do you get a type rating during initial training? What if you have a Citation type-rating already, do you still sign the agreement and get nothing of value in return? CS seems like a good company and I would ike to apply but I need more information. I would have no desire to leave a good employer that treated me well but I'm always a little suspicious of any place that needs an insurance policy to retain employees. If they invest in a type-rating I guess I understand but what about somebody who is already typed? I guess I always thought that providing training for an employee is a cost of doing business like buying fuel or parts for the planes. Anyway, it sounds like a good company and I'm sure that they don't have any shortage of applicants willing to sign the contract.

Latest resources

Back