Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

k2aviator

Hey CRJ pilots,

I am a *newbie*, broke college student, with a ppl in the greater Boston area. Since I do lots of flightsiming on VATSIM, I was wondering if any of you terrific CRJ pilots could provide me with some information to make my CRJ200 simulations more realistic. I have only been able to find Speed reference tables that include v1/vr/v2, etc.. and fuel calculation variables.

What I haven't been able to find are the standard n1 takeoff tables or max n1 climb tables (I'm not sure if you use EPR, but N1 is more reliable on the sim). If any of you have any knowledge of the whereabouts of any online CRJ data that could provide assistance, it would be greatly appreciated. Or, if you have any online documents, feel free to email me ([email protected])

Thanks guys/gals-we admire you! :D

Regards,
Chris Smith

P.S. How sensitive are the flight controls in the CRJ on takeoff and approach? It looks somewhat sensitive from noticing the sharp adjustments of pitch and roll I see some CRJ flights make on approach/departure. It may just be me :eek:

The N1 figures are temperature dependant. We usually use reduced thrust or 'flex' N1 which is weight dependant, but 90% of the time for a long runway it equals 85.0% N1. Full thrust is usually around 89.0 - 91.5% or so.

We get the N1 setting (max power takeoff) from the Runway analysis manual. This table will also give you an optimized V1. The numbers are specific to each airport and is dependent on OAT. This chart is also used to calculate an assumend temperature for a reduced power takeoff (Flex Temp).

We get the takeoff speed settings from Speed Cards. These settings are based on aircraft takeoff weight and temperature. It would be pretty hard to get this information, but Jeppesen sells the Runway analysis information. I don't know who makes the Speed Cards.

Sleepy who do you fly for? We just plug in the temperature on the ground into the FMS and it tells us the N1 setting in cyan in between the N1 gauges on ED1. In the air it automatically takes air temperature from the aircraft's sensors. I think that this is an EICAS 2000 software update. No need for flipcards or charts. Does your airline not use this?

K2Aviator, the N1 setting also increases as you climb. For example you may start out with 87.3% N1 as a reduced thrust for takeoff but at 1,500' reset to normal climb thrust which may be say 90.3% N1 but it will continue to climb up to say 95.8% N1 by the time you reach cruise altitude and cruise airspeed. Then you would reset to the cruise N1 of say 94.2%. N1 settings vary though.

The max N1 is 98.6% on takeoff and 96.2% N1 otherwise. Minimum N1 for reduced thrust is 85%.

We don't have an EPR gauge on the CRJ.

The flight controls are no more sensitive on approach/takeoff than at any other phase of flight. They are fairly sensitive relative to a Brasilia. The CRJ flight controls are hydrualically actuated not mechanically linked like a Brasilia. I can't tell you if they are more or less sensitive than say a 737. I've never flown one of those.

Last edited:
SkyWestCRJPilot said:
Sleepy who do you fly for? We just plug in the temperature on the ground into the FMS and it tells us the N1 setting in cyan in between the N1 gauges on ED1. In the air it automatically takes air temperature from the aircraft's sensors. I think that this is an EICAS 2000 software update. No need for flipcards or charts. Does your airline not use this?

K2Aviator, the N1 setting also increases as you climb. For example you may start out with 87.3% N1 as a reduced thrust for takeoff but at 1,500' reset to normal climb thrust which may be say 90.3% N1 but it will continue to climb up to say 95.8% N1 by the time you reach cruise altitude and cruise airspeed. Then you would reset to the cruise N1 of say 94.2%. N1 settings vary though.

The max N1 is 98.6% on takeoff and 96.2% N1 otherwise. Minimum N1 for reduced thrust is 85%.

We don't have an EPR gauge on the CRJ.

The flight controls are no more sensitive on approach/takeoff than at any other phase of flight. They are fairly sensitive relative to a Brasilia. The CRJ flight controls are hydrualically actuated not mechanically linked like a Brasilia. I can't tell you if they are more or less sensitive than say a 737. I've never flown one of those.

I fly for ASA. Yes the FADEC gives us the N1, but we are required to verify it in the charts again. For climb power you just put the TL's in the climb detent, the FADEC does the rest.

sleepy said:
I fly for ASA. Yes the FADEC gives us the N1, but we are required to verify it in the charts again. For climb power you just put the TL's in the climb detent, the FADEC does the rest.

FADEC - Is this an ASA mod????

I think the 700 has FADEC engines...its about time.

Mayday

Latest resources

Back