CRJ Study Guide ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Snapperhead

I'm looking for some info on the CRJ Study Guide that an ASA pilot has put together. Address, Email, or phone# would be much appreciated.

RH Skippers guide is definitely what you need for ASA training. And it is new and improved.

Although that is really not accurate. It can be either new or improved, but not both. I'll go with "it's newly improved."

blueridge71 said:
RH Skippers guide is definitely what you need for ASA training. And it is new and improved.
I have not seen his work and can not rate it, but it isn't new and approved.

ASA has put a lot of work into their publications and the POH is first rate. Why not just make good use of the free company materials? When in a training event, the IP's and APD's just want to hear what is in the book their department publishes. This job doesn't give any points for creativity.

Especially if you make an error and end up debriefing it - the IP's usually make you look it up in the POH. If you know what is in there and where it is at, good for you. Back when we had the changes for non precision approaches I caught a couple of IP's who were not completely up on the "new way" of doing the procedures. If I had been using the quick study guide I'd have been wrong because I could not prove I was right.

The study guides have some useful, but unapproved, stuff like circuit breaker lists. Again, we don't get paid to pull breakers and reset stuff. If it is broke, call maintenance, get it on the record. If an airplane requires constant re-setting there is a good chance a bonding strap, bad ground, or some other problem exists that needs to be fixed, even though it can be made to sort of work by resetting stuff.

My $0.02 worth.

~~~^~~~ said:
I have not seen his work and can not rate it, but it isn't new and approved.

ASA has put a lot of work into their publications and the POH is first rate. Why not just make good use of the free company materials? When in a training event, the IP's and APD's just want to hear what is in the book their department publishes. This job doesn't give any points for creativity.

Especially if you make an error and end up debriefing it - the IP's usually make you look it up in the POH. If you know what is in there and where it is at, good for you. Back when we had the changes for non precision approaches I caught a couple of IP's who were not completely up on the "new way" of doing the procedures. If I had been using the quick study guide I'd have been wrong because I could not prove I was right.

The study guides have some useful, but unapproved, stuff like circuit breaker lists. Again, we don't get paid to pull breakers and reset stuff. If it is broke, call maintenance, get it on the record. If an airplane requires constant re-setting there is a good chance a bonding strap, bad ground, or some other problem exists that needs to be fixed, even though it can be made to sort of work by resetting stuff.

My $0.02 worth.

That's like reading the Novel instead of skimming over the Cliff Notes

from what i have noticed, the only thing they ever ask you in any checkride is straight out of the study guide that the training dept. publishes. Answer (or find the answers) to all of those questions and memorize your limitations. study guide make good guides, once in a while. I bought two versions of these study guides and honestly never had to use them cause ASA gave you all the crap they wanted you to learn. thats my 2cents. save yourself the $$$, you don't need it unless you want to build one

Latest resources

Back