Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Cappy

Just curious for some information.

Has anyone here ever worked for or known someone that worked for one of the crew leasing companies like Best Int'l USA, Direct Personnel Int'l LTD,IAC Global, or IASCO?

I was wondering if there is some interesting opportunities out there and what the pay/benefits are like.

Thanks all,

Mike

Try www.pprune.com for info. There is the occasional comment over there. These agencies get mixed reviews.

A good friend of mine worked for Best for 5 years on contract to Korean. He gave the place mixed reviews because they don't really do anything for him. When the Koreans unilaterally cut his pay after 9-11, Best did nothing in his defense.

IAC has a very bad reputation, Direct I don't know. IASCO has a pretty good reputation. I've worked for PARC twice and they are okay. Their checks go wherever you want them to and they pay on time. They did, however, come in and low ball the contract I was working on and gave us a $1000 per month pay cut so I can't say I love them for that. When the company decided to terminate the contract prior to the end of it's term PARC also did nothing for us, nor did they help us find another contract.

The point here is that the contractors are all just intermediaries that will not do anything to jeopardize their cut of YOUR pay. Some are a little better than others, but for the most part they are all blood sucking scum. Well, I'll take that back because the first group I worked for were some very fine gentlemen and that contract was sweet. Unfortunately they aren't around any longer.

I've told people on here before that it is in your interest to go with a contractor outside of the United States to avoid getting a 1099 form. You wouldn't have to pay tax on overseas income anyway ( due to the foreign earned income exclusion ), but getting the 1099 form complicates matters.

Typhoonpilot

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back