• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Credit Report?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In my research of many different HR departments and many interviews, I can speak from experience that a BK on your report will affect your employment chances greatly...the HR folks can see who you defaulted on and make pretty accurate assumtions by the data that you either cant manage your affairs, or you had large medical bills you could not handle or were not insured for etc....they are skilled in learning much from your credit report....in any case they already probably know they dont want you at that point as there are many more applicants out there with no history of credit problems.....

I speak from learned experience my friends....my advise is be persistant in your searches and honest about the past...there is no hiding it...

Am I the only one who finds this all deeply disturbing? Especially in this day and age of people surrendering their SSN left and right (and even those who don't wish to now HAVE to do so more due to the stinking patriot act).... credit fraud and ID abuse of this sort will only increase, and the victim has little recourse if they don't know about it and lose a job opportunity because of it.

I really find this quite frigthening...

Big Brother 1984? or 2005!

Immelman said:
Am I the only one who finds this all deeply disturbing? Especially in this day and age of people surrendering their SSN left and right (and even those who don't wish to now HAVE to do so more due to the stinking patriot act).... credit fraud and ID abuse of this sort will only increase, and the victim has little recourse if they don't know about it and lose a job opportunity because of it.

I really find this quite frigthening...

I am with you on this, it is scary stuff, its almost like they have cameras in our homes....they will be able to learn anything they want about you especially with your permission on a job application, which by the way if you read the fine print, gives them ( the airline and there 3rd party investigators) full open access to your medical records, (MIB) credit reports, drivers license info, even what political party you are a member of!.further they can tell what religion you are just through interpolation....

The real bad thing about this, is trying to correct it......I dont think an act of congress can get through this mess....so the next time you get deniged a job opportunity, " take it personal" because it probably was your personal information that caused your demise and it has nothing to do with good or bad information, it has everything to do with how they "perceive" who you really are in their minds and by their " stat models" of personality traits etc.....

Of course you will never ever learn the why, what, who or where the information may have been used against you, which to me is the ultimate insult in todays job hunting world...all that effort, cost and time for nothing, not even a thank you card in many cases...

Uh dont get me started.........

Next will be DNA samples

Latest resources

Back