Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Loomis

Hey Guys,
Sorry to hear the TA doesn't live up to expectations. When is the vote expected? Just had a few questions. Nobody went into specifics about the gateway situation. Are the people currently there grandfathered into the old system? If someone gets hired after (and if) the contract passes what situation are they in? Relocation?

Vote is expected (no firm date has been released) by the end of September with ratification in October (assuming this POS passes).

As for the Gateway system:

Gateways would be "redefined" as any airport that has Commercial airline service that would have a flight arriving to one of three RCA's (Regional Collection Areas) by 10am on the first day of your tour. If airline service stops or no longer meets this, the pilot must change Gateways within 90 days.

There are 5 RCA's, but only three may be used for this criteria - LAX, MCO and EWR.

The Gatway system is only for pilots that are currently employed.

New hires will be required to move to one of the RCA's - LAX, DAL, CMH, MCO and EWR - Moving expenses will be paid by the Company (12,000 lbs).

For those that choose to use an RCA in lieu of a Gateway, a $6,000 per year incentive will be allocated. Not sure if this applies to new hires since they will not have an option of a Gatway in the first place.

Hope this helps.

My personal advice is, wait. NetJets is changing, and may get very tough to make a living here over the next 6 months. Good luck.

NetJets

What if you lived 90 minutes away from one of the 5 RCAs (MCO). Do you have to be at that airport by 10am on your first of 7 days, or do you have to live in the immediate area around the airport. How does this work? Do they give you employee parking passes?

Not that it matters, This contract will not pass. To answer you question, For a new hire hired after this TA, You do NOT have to move to EWR,LAX or MCO. You DO have to be able to start your tours at one of them. If you want to move to one, the company says they will move you at their expense. That is 12000lbs of stuff, airfare or mileage and 7 days to do it.

From how I read the TA, Newhires will not get the RCA pay of $6000 per year. Just my interpretation.

As far as when you need to be at your RCA or where ever you were briefed to start, All pilots would be required to be "reachable" starting at 1400hrs on your last day off to accept a brief for your first day. You would be given a 10 hr. rest period which must be just before you start duty. So you could commute to your starting point during that time.

Seeing as we NJA folk cannot jumpseat with any certainty, I believe most newhires would move at least to within a resonable driveing distance to his/her RCA.

Mind you, I dont think this RCA deal will pass. All of the guys I've met on the road are against it. I live at an RCA, but I will not vote for any type of B scale in benifits or pay and that is exactly what this is. We will have, Haves and Have-nots.

Hope this answers your questions.

SW3NAVAJO said:
What if you lived 90 minutes away from one of the 5 RCAs (MCO). Do you have to be at that airport by 10am on your first of 7 days, or do you have to live in the immediate area around the airport. How does this work? Do they give you employee parking passes?

No parking passes, no reimbursements for parking.

The 10am thing is for Gateway qualification only. Has nothing to do with show times and for new hires, means nothing if you are hired after (and if) this TA is ratified.

You report to the RCA at your show time. Which you will receive 10 hours prior at a minimum. ie, briefed at 2pm on the day before for a 12:01am show. That is how the TA reads. The current contract has no provision to be briefed on an off day . . . turn off the phone, the pager and all - until 12:001am, but you have to be within 3hrs of call up to one of the 26 Gateways, so you can receive a brief at 12:01am for a 03:00 show (hasn't happened to me yet).

The MOST important comment above is GUNFYTER's...read it carefully and understand the TYPE of management we work for. Just food for thought.

No sir...the MEC was notified (ACCORDING TO ONE OF ITS' MEMBERS) that Mr. Santulli threatened to close down ALL of the gateways if the pilots rejected this TA. This should tell you volumes about the management style at DUMBJETS ! VOTE BY COERCION is the company strategy.

gunfyter said:
Gateways will ALL be shutdown. Everybody must fly from CMH. This will be effective 180 days from the day the TA is rejected... according to our MEC.

Gun,

Personally, I'm looking forward to that day...let them TRY to make this company work that way!. I can afford tickets on Southwest longer than they can afford to ferry 90% of their planes to CMH!

Actually, they could start by announcing the closing the bottom 5 Gateways when this TA is voted down. The 180 day clock would begin ticking. That might also put some pressure on the rest of the Gateway users who might fear the same for them.

I'm not advocating yes votes. I'm just trying to be a realist and look the possible scenarios square in the face without false bravado. Don't think for a moment that this isn't going to get ugly. Just be prepared for it.

Latest resources

Back