• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cost to fly on Netjets??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nothing to worry about. Obamasiah is going to fix everything for his buddy Warren.

Nothing to worry about. Obamasiah is going to fix everything for his buddy Warren.
I've already heard rumors from several pilots from various companies in FBOs that there is movement afoot to limit FAA 1st class medical certs to only those 65 and younger. Just rumors; cannot locate any proof source.
If true, that would free up quite alot of $$ (in salaries) and jobs for those younger folks trying get their chance at career progression.

I've already heard rumors from several pilots from various companies in FBOs that there is movement afoot to limit FAA 1st class medical certs to only those 65 and younger. Just rumors; cannot locate any proof source.
If true, that would free up quite alot of $$ (in salaries) and jobs for those younger folks trying get their chance at career progression.

Uhhhh....let me gets this straight Buck...

You actually BELIEVE there are enough 70 year-old professional pilots out there that are limiting career progression??????

That's pretty funny!

Uhhhh....let me gets this straight Buck...

You actually BELIEVE there are enough 70 year-old professional pilots out there that are limiting career progression??????

That's pretty funny
You do not have it straight. Actually (as I posted) the group potentially affected would be 66+. I had never really thought about it much, until a few individuals out on the road bent my ear about it ...perhaps who see more of the older crowd refusing to retire at their respective companies.
Like I said this is just rumor, unsubstantiated. Seems to have hit a nerve w/ ya though.

No, it was actually an honest question Buck. I didn't realize the "over 65 crowd" was still staying in it. I'm 20 years from that number, but I'm tracking to be cruising around in the float plane, and other fun stuff 5 years before that, and maybe even sooner.

I'm working to live, and NOT the other way around...but I must admit, I married well, and have folks WAY smarter than me that are helping me make that number....

But good luck to the 65 plus that choose or need to still fly the line!

I'm working to live, and NOT the other way around...but I must admit, I married well, and have folks WAY smarter than me that are helping me make that number....

But good luck to the 65 plus that choose or need to still fly the line!
My thoughts exactly-- and I'm 29yrs from 65. I wish to be retired well before 60 (at this rate.. who knows). I also married a gal with a 'real' job/stable career, which helps. I often fly with the over-65 folks (most retired airline w/ pensions & other retirement income) and wonder why in the world they still want to this stuff; 18 days/mo no less. Not my business, I guess-- but I'll suggest your floatplane idea to them (which sounds great to me)..

Latest resources

Back