• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Corporate Jobs in Baton Rouge

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
apparently i screwed up the format or the system was screwy last night b/c the thread didn't post. here's my original thread. sorry for the redunduncy.

Just curious if anyone knows much of the corporate job market in baton rouge. it's close to where i live now and i'm looking to get out of the airlines. i've heard that there are quite a few westwind operators both 135 and part 91 and I have a little time in the plane. The Shaw Group? I hear they have a large operation with several a/c. Anyone know much about them? QOL? Pay? Also, any word on Louisiana Aircraft and their charter op? Thanks for any info.

Baton Rouge

Go to pilot pointer, click on corporate pilot on the left column, they are looking for a pilot for a Citation 500.

I had a buddy at the Shaw Group. Not to bad of a job since the new Chief Pilot took over a few years ago. I was offered a job there 2 or so years ago and turned it down. $60,000 for a Westwind Captain and to help out with the maintenance (I'm an A&P with lots of WW experience fix'in and fly'in). That's a minimun of $90,000 for me. They fly alot, but the jets are well kept. I believe they have 2 Westwinds and a G-II or III. When I interviewed, the CP was talking about one of the Westwinds going to an outbase in either Houston or Dallas. Don't know if that ever happened or not.

Lack of cash and the possibility of getting a forced move to Texas is why I didn't go.

As a side note, my buddy left there in the last 6 months. Went to go fly a G-Whiz out in Scottsdale. Don't know why as we have been missing each others phone calls. Hope this helps.

Alot has changed at Shaw over the past year. Pay has increased substantially and still on the rise. Capt. pay is 72k on the WW, with a 2 week on and 1 off rotation. 3 full time mechanics on 2 WW's and 1 GIII. There has been some activity in the hiring department. All the planes are based in BTR.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back