Corporate interview questions...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OCP

*Moderators: Please don't move this this time. It is not a general interview question, but related directly to corporate interviews.*

I have an interview comming up for a corporate gig and I am wondering what other poeple's interviews were like. I don't think there is any kind of sim involved or anything. I've just been told that the interview will be at the corporate HQ and will probably last an hour.
Any ideas on what to expect?

Thanks in advance.

We are going to need some more information on the type of employment. ie: Fortune 100 or flight management company. Corporate interviews can run a wide spectrum. Some interviews can last one hour over lunch and others can be spread into 3 interviews over a week period or more. Give us a little more info on the type of job and we can help. By the way, I would not refer to future employment that you are considering a gig.

I just had an interview with an aircraft management company. It was a lunchtime interview in which we discussed the work rules, pay, and benefits. Not much in the way of tech questions, they figure if your currently flying it's a big waste of time to quiz you on a jepp plate that you should already know. You can probably expect more of an H.R. type of interview. And yes, they picked up the lunch tab.

Good luck on your upcoming interview. You must meet the minimum qualifications, or they wouldn't even take the time to interview you.One thing is for sure, they're looking for a "good fit" within the flight department. Sounds cliche, but be yourself and have a postive attitude. Yes, know your current airplane, regs etc....but many times, it's not a "stump the chump" scenario. They just want to get to know your personality, and get a feel for how you would fit in with their established flight department. Sounds easy, and maybe not the cut n' dry answer you were looking for. However, that's what I've experienced, and what many of the guys here did too on their "non-airline" interviews.
Our flightcrews spend lots of time together, and often for trips lasting more than a week. The interviewers are looking to see if you'd be that person who would fit in with the existing department.
Dress for the interview, don't swear (seriously, I heard of a guy who did it on an interview at our place-duh!!) and even if you hate your current job, DO NOT talk one ounce of negativity about your past employers. Always, turn a negative into a postive and ask intelligent questions about the department. Know as much as possible about them, but have a few questions for them as well.
Hope that helps

Good luck on your upcoming interview. You must meet the minimum qualifications, or they wouldn't even take the time to interview you.One thing is for sure, they're looking for a "good fit" within the flight department. Sounds cliche, but be yourself and have a postive attitude. Yes, know your current airplane, regs etc....but many times, it's not a "stump the chump" scenario. They just want to get to know your personality, and get a feel for how you would fit in with their established flight department. Sounds easy, and maybe not the cut n' dry answer you were looking for. However, that's what I've experienced, and what many of the guys here did too on their "non-airline" interviews.
Our flightcrews spend lots of time together, and often for trips lasting more than a week. The interviewers are looking to see if you'd be that person who would fit in with the existing department.
Dress for the interview, don't swear (seriously, I heard of a guy who did it on an interview at our place-duh!!) and even if you hate your current job, DO NOT talk one ounce of negativity about your past employers. Always, turn a negative into a postive and ask intelligent questions about the department. Know as much as possible about them, but have a few questions for them as well.
Hope that helps.

Some of the questions I should have been asked:

1. Do you mind if we call you to fly on your days off?

2. Do you understand that you have no days off?

3. Do you mind if the CEO's kid's pet bird flys around in the cabin and ********************s all over the place?

4. Do you have a positive attitude?

5. Do you get along well with others, even if they are all crazy control freaks?

6. Can you fly the aircraft by yourself (just in-case the co-pilot starts pouting and refuses to do anything to help)?

7. Do you mind staying in lousey hotels (we need to save money so the CEO can get his bonus).

Hope that helps!

Hey thanks for the replies.

I guess all of that is pretty much what I thought, but its good to hear it from someone else. :)

Latest resources

Back