Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chawbein

Corporate & Charter pilot salaries??

What is a general range of salaries for Corporate and Charter pilots. Is that part 135 flying? Anyways, I'm looking for a range of salary for these type of pilots. Anyone have any insight? Are there any advantages/disadvantages to this type of flying as opposed to flying for a regional?

Just curious...

Last edited:
I flew corporate in North Carolina for almost a year and for the amount of work I did I was way underpaid, but at that point I didn't really know anybetter. I was lucky enough to get a corporate job with only just over 700TT and 100 or so mult flying a new Barron. After a couple of months we also got a 421 then a couple of months later the Barron got sold and we picked up a 425. I flew between 65-100 hours a month and worked about 25 days a month and only made 30,000 a year. For that amount of flying and never having a schedule I believe I should have been making at least 40,000 but then again I only had 700TT when I started so I guess I can't complain to much.

I would say that the pay would depend on the aircraft. The bigger and faster the aircraft the more the pilot should be payed. Having only flown a small corporate jet and a Baron on charter, I would say:

Small Jet or King Air -- $500/day Capt. and $200/day FO
Barron -- $200/day PIC

But that is just my experience in the south and plains states, it would probably be higher on the coasts because the cost of living is so much higher.

Re: Corporate & Charter pilot salaries??

chawbein said:
What is a general range of salaries for Corporate and Charter pilots. Is that part 135 flying? Anyways, I'm looking for a range of salary for these type of pilots. Anyone have any insight? Are there any advantages/disadvantages to this type of flying as opposed to flying for a regional?

Just curious...

Wow, is that a broad question....

First of all Corporate and Charter aviation is like comparing apples to oranges... Typically Corporate (I mean REAL Corporate, not flying some guys Baron) pays a LOT more than Charter....

On the low end, Charter (FAR 135) can start at $20,000 for an F/O and go as high as $100,000+ for a Captain on a larger jet...

Corporate (Large company Corporate, like Fortune 500 type) typically would start anywhere from $40,000-$60,000 for a small jet F/O and Captains can make well over $160,000+ on the large jets.... (I know of Captains that make over $200,000)

I work for a very large corporation, we start our new hires in the $80,000 range (with full benefits, including 4 weeks vacation)... we don't get worked too hard (we average 12 days a month of work) and we don't have any duties beyond our pilot duties (no, we don't wash the planes, or mow the bosses lawn...)

Hope this helps...

This is the type of flying I would like to do if I ever went into professional flying...

flying a new Baron? that would be awesome...and I think a small King Air or a light jet is the biggest I would want to go...

sad that bigger/faster means more pay...since I don't mind faster, but don't like bigger...:(

I guess you have more responsability the bigger the airplane

Archer

The new Baron wasn't that great really, since it is still a Baron. The Sandil EFIS HSI isn't really nessacary as well as having the avadine moving map and terrain mapping, and vertical profile radar, but it did come in handy at times. I really liked the 425 though, but would of prefered one with the PT6A-135 mod.

With regards to the turboprop fleet that we operate-

King Air PIC - $ 265.00 per day
King Air SIC- $ 165.00 per day
Overnight flat per diem of $180.00 is also nice

Average trip day is normally between 2- 3 legs in most cases. Usually very seldom will we have to fly 3 legs or more in a day.
3 hours flight time per day is also around the average.:D :D

3 5 0

Me and my CFII ran into a corporate pilot at PDX recently who flys a King Air under part 91 for a large Pacific NW electric company. He told us he usually flys about 18 days a month, and takes home about $60,000 a year. Sounds pretty good to me!

Latest resources

Back