unpredictable member
I've been furloughed! At least that's
what one of my friends told me...

I've had one interview, but need to
keep searching. Anyone have any
hints on the turbojet freight area?

thanks,

Belch

You may not be a real airline pilot yet; it depends upon how many lay offs, furloughs, or company gone out of business you have had. The average pilot has 2.4 of these events during a career.

pilotyip said:
You may not be a real airline pilot yet; it depends upon how many lay offs, furloughs, or company gone out of business you have had. The average pilot has 2.4 of these events during a career.

Does it count if one of the reasons you
took the first job that came along is that
you saw the handwriting on the wall even
though there were no rumors???

I had one place go away three months
after I bailed...

The criteria used to be one furlough, one strike, one airline bankruptcy or out of business.
Belchfire, sounds like you're 2/3s of the way there.

Andy said:
The criteria used to be one furlough, one strike, one airline bankruptcy or out of business.
Belchfire, sounds like you're 2/3s of the way there.

Sigh, I guess I really am an airline pilot then.....damn, just when I thought that I could be a good plumber or carpenter!

Furlough....check
strike....check
bankruptsy.....check

Hey does this mean I can go buy that big house now since I got all the bad stuff overwith?..................hmmmm, still do not feel that lucky yet!!

Try Kalitta, Gemini, Focus, and maybe World. Atlas/Polar possibly sometime this year, Not sure if Tradewinds is looking now or not.

There are also a couple of startups trying to get going as well, one out of Miami but I do not remember the name.

In Asia there are a couple of oppertunities, Korea Air is supposedly looking for about 200 foreign pilots according to one of their Captains last month, and there is a start up flying L1011's out of somewhere over there that may be looking. Saw one of theirs last week but cannot remember the name(Asian Cargo express or something like that).

Latest resources

Back