Continental FA strike

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JetsRforKids said:
Anyone have any info. on the F.A. labor situation at Continental. Is a strike likely to happen?

I sure as hell hope not. Doesn't answer your question much, I guess. I hope (and somewhat expect) they reach an agreement during the cooling off period.

Strike? As I understand it, they're the only labor group at CAL who has not given anything back. I must be missing something.

ACWild said:
Strike? As I understand it, they're the only labor group at CAL who has not given anything back. I must be missing something.

Company is in negotiations with them for concessions. They have one more meeting scheduled and then the NMB said they will start the 30 day cooling off period. The whole imposed work rules/self help would be a possibility in early Jan.

Nobody has the Huevos to strike - they will all roll over and take it in the Poop Chute - we've already seen that with United and a few others.

Had a get together on a layover last night. All three FA's said they wouldn't strike. We are IAH based and as a whole seem to be less militant than the rest of the bases. So who knows? I don't see it happening from here.

Kaiser

Captain Overs said:
Ya, ask them how the strike is working for them. No job at the moment and the company not looking like it cares too much either.

That wasn't the point. Doug Parker said noone had the "huevos" to strike. The Northwest mechs did. Didn't say it worked out that great.

AK

No, I understood the point. Maybe my point wasn't clear. I'm saying look what striking has done for them. Lately has anyone gained anything by a strike? I'm not saying I'm against them, but the companies seem to win and then can impose whatever they want to the work group when it happens.

Does anyone know when the last "Sucessful" strike was carried out? Save your Comair responses.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back