Continental dispatch contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bgaviator

Hey, I read that Continental dispatchers worked out a new 4 year contract. Any details about anything good in it? I would hope the starting pay would have been increased, as well as maybe the whole 6 months for health benefits thing. I interviewed with Continental once and I was really surprised at how much lower the starting pay was there compared with other majors, as well as the whole 6 months without health insurance thing was a big bummer as well.

It's a TA.
11 Year payscale
11th year-$7418
1st year-$3920
Signing bonus 12.5% of 2009 earnings
Retro pay from Jan 2010
Shift Differentials
International Overrides
Still 243 days/Year-sucks
No vacation increase-sucks
approx 25% raise across the list if this goes through.
overtime/double time
Guaranteed industry average payscale compared to UA, AA, DL and US
Same insurance-6 months wait

That doesn't sound too hateful.....still not liking the 6 months for insurance.....but wasn't the starting pay before only like $32-34k? That's not a bad increase if that was the case.

It's good your payscale is now more on par with other airlines.....wasn't Continental sporting one of the lowest scales compared to the others?

It's a TA.
11 Year payscale
11th year-$7418
1st year-$3920
Signing bonus 12.5% of 2009 earnings
Retro pay from Jan 2010
Shift Differentials
International Overrides
Still 243 days/Year-sucks
No vacation increase-sucks
approx 25% raise across the list if this goes through.
overtime/double time
Guaranteed industry average payscale compared to UA, AA, DL and US
Same insurance-6 months wait

Should have thrown UPS into the mix. It may have raised the "average".

That's a hefty increase. I think it will keep people on the job though, so there won't be as many job openings.

I don't see any reason why this wouldn't pass, I know there are issues such as the number of days per year, loss of vacation but you're probably not going to get another chance at a 25% raise either.

Just another reason why I should not have left Air Mike in 2005, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

so my question about the pay for Continental is what happens if Continental and United merge?

so my question about the pay for Continental is what happens if Continental and United merge?

You mean when they merge... Its a done deal, just waiting on the official announcement.

Wall Street Jounal reports today that the boards are meeting this weekend with the announcement on Monday.. the newest Largest Airline in the US.. (by passenger count)

Dont know about pay but I hope they dont get stapled to the bottom of the list. Good luck guys, I wish the best to my hometown fellows.

Latest resources

Back