• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sammy

this is a current notam for teb:

TEB 02/075 TEB 6/24 THN LSR OVR PSR DEICED SOLID 50 WIDE WEF
TEB 02/076 TEB 6 SFH MU 21/28/50 WEF 0702150441

1.) when the notam says deiced does that mean in this case there is a 50 foot width of the rwy that has no contaminate on it? seems to me i have been in this situation before only to find that the contaminate is still visable, but has deice liquid/solid on it. I assume that performance is still based on LSR/PSR because my advisory section of AFM does not reference deice of rwy?

2.) when computing performance for takeoff/landing would it be legal/safe to use LSR since it is on top of the PSR or would you use whichever number gave you the worst case?

Mu's are too low for me regardless, but just curious how others view this notam. thanks!

I would talk to the crew and see what they observe. Too often we, as dispatchers, forget that planning is a joint activity with the flightcrew. If your airline has more than one flight in or out of the airport, get some reports from other crews. All too often we rely on just a written piece of info to make a decision. What is the current time? When was the notam issued? I would also check with the twr and see what they say.

My new avatar agrees, too! hehe

All too often, Homer says the phrase "All Too Often".

I trust runway condition NOTAMS only about as far as I can throw them...and, with my bum shoulders, that's not very far. (Insert everything that Homer said about calling tower and other crews...here.)

Wow, people are agreeing with me...must think of something...anything...to argue about..arrhhh...im losing my powers...

Our plan is working..HAHAHA!

On the 747, we dun worry about ice and other crap on the runway. Most military bases that we fly to really suck at keeping the runway clean, so we just divert to a nice, VFR station, 6 hours away...

On the 747, we dun worry about ice and other crap on the runway. Most military bases that we fly to really suck at keeping the runway clean, so we just divert to a nice, VFR station, 6 hours away...

U are DA MAN!

Latest resources

Back