• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Connie did it again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A four year B747 Captain at Kalitta makes $112/hour. It's not cheap, it's pathetic.

But in any case, your poor sap is out flying a B747 at $112/hour. To make 200k for the year at an hourly rate of $112 per hour, it's safe to say that your buddy spent well over 80% of his/her life last year on the road flying for Connie.

Not a lifestyle that most would brag about regardless of the money.

What's really pathetic is that someone who speaks with such great authority, from such an elevated position of enlightenment, can come across sounding like an argumentative sap.
If you don't like KA of CK, fine. There's really no need to cop an attitude.
Insulting a carrier or a pilot group does not harm them, but speaks volumes of you!

I know they have a lot of incentives beyound straight hourly pay, union looks out for their guys, they seem generally happy over there. I know there pay is no where near a Captain at USA Jet that gets $122.00/hr for flyign a DA-20 and $173.00/hr for flying a DC-9

Wow pilotyip nice of you to compare 4 year pay to 16 year pay.

So a 16 year cpt at USA jet makes $93,420 on gnt, and a 16 year cpt at KA makes $109,368 on gnt, according to APC. Why don't your DC-9 captain's gnt match the other positions at 55hrs?

leartwenty4

I made about 80K in the right seat here in Connie land last year, and worked no extra days other those scheduled on my 17 day line.

Not bad for turning the pitot heat on.

Insulting a carrier or a pilot group does not harm them, but speaks volumes of you!

No insult to Kalitta pilots intended as I know several and they are all some very fine aviators. I simply believe that for what they do, they are underpaid.

Also there are often many on this board who use it as a resource for determining "quality of life" at various airlines. I think it would be a disservice to those hunting for a jet job to portray Connie as the "Airline Deity" and all Captains are living the dream making 200k a year.

Incentives

Wow pilotyip nice of you to compare 4 year pay to 16 year pay.

So a 16 year cpt at USA jet makes $93,420 on gnt, and a 16 year cpt at KA makes $109,368 on gnt, according to APC. Why don't your DC-9 captain's gnt match the other positions at 55hrs?

leartwenty4
The hourly pay is an incentive to pick up open time when we are busy, a 10th yr DC-9 Captain can make as much 2K a day for flying on thier day off. Our top guy last year was over $160K. The pilot base stayed the same as it was when they had a 55 hr guar, but with a 45 hr they got an hourly increase to maintain the same base, but could more easily break guar when we were busy.

The hourly pay is an incentive to pick up open time when we are busy, a 10th yr DC-9 Captain can make as much 2K a day for flying on thier day off. Our top guy last year was over $160K. The pilot base stayed the same as it was when they had a 55 hr guar, but with a 45 hr they got an hourly increase to maintain the same base, but could more easily break guar when we were busy.

So the DC-9 Captains didn't get a raise except for the months where they break gnt? You said the top guy made 160k? Well what did the AVERAGE dc-9 capt make?
leartwenty4

A four year B747 Captain at Kalitta makes $112/hour. It's not cheap, it's pathetic.

But in any case, your poor sap is out flying a B747 at $112/hour. To make 200k for the year at an hourly rate of $112 per hour, it's safe to say that your buddy spent well over 80% of his/her life last year on the road flying for Connie.

Not a lifestyle that most would brag about regardless of the money.

You really do not have a clue on what you are talking about. You should do your homework on this industry. I made well over my min. guarantee and flew less then min. guarantee (hours). It is the nature of this business. The pay is low all over. Get on APC and look at all the rates. Compare all the 747 cargo guys and see what the trend is. Do you think Connie, or Evergreen, SAI, etc is going to pay FedEx/UPS rates? We have Capt. and FE's that make well over $200K. In this business during the fall into the holidays is when you make the most money. Last year when things got slow after Christmas and some carriers layoff, we never slowed down.

I made about 80K in the right seat here in Connie land last year, and worked no extra days other those scheduled on my 17 day line.

Not bad for turning the pitot heat on.

Not to be nosy, but what year longevity were you on?

Thanks.

I have to ask about that...if gaurantee covers a minimum number of hours, how do you break gaurantee if you don't fly over those hours? Flying on off days? I'm not doubting your veracity; just curious how this is done.

Also curious about breaking 80 grand as an FO for Kalitta...lots of flying above gaurantee and very senior? Seems high for Kalitta. Again, not questioning your statement, just wondering how.

I have to ask about that...if gaurantee covers a minimum number of hours, how do you break gaurantee if you don't fly over those hours? Flying on off days? I'm not doubting your veracity; just curious how this is done.

Also curious about breaking 80 grand as an FO for Kalitta...lots of flying above gaurantee and very senior? Seems high for Kalitta. Again, not questioning your statement, just wondering how.

Bid line guarantee is one way. When you bid a 85 hour line, you get paid for that whether or not you fly it. Flying Open Time on days off pays an additional 50%. Again, all the pay scales and the contract is on APC for your reading enjoyment.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back