• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Congrats ASA...another drunk FA!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He's probably an "award of excellence" winner! Haha he's trying to get a handle on travel benfit change coming up.

"You get what you pay for"? Are you serious? Although I will agree that ASA treats road-kill better than its employees that is NO excuse to act like that on the job. When I was there people would bitch about the rampers and always say, "you get what you pay for". What a chicken-$hit excuse. That's letting these peckerwoods off the hook too easy. If your logic is correct, then I guess you will be putting one in the ditch pretty soon. It doesn't matter what the pay is. If it's $1.00/hour or $100.00/hour, the performance should be the same.......your best. To do any less is a disgrace to you and your fellow employees and the profession. You are accountable for your behavior and if you choose to behave in the same manner then you are already over-paid, my friend.

I am well aware of how nasty the environment is over there, but have some integrity. If employees show up drunk, then they are insulting YOU for demonstrating they care that little about you, your product and ultimately your livelihood.

Rant over.

Easy to say from the outside. Ever worked there?

"You get what you pay for"? Are you serious? Although I will agree that ASA treats road-kill better than its employees that is NO excuse to act like that on the job. When I was there people would bitch about the rampers and always say, "you get what you pay for". What a chicken-$hit excuse. That's letting these peckerwoods off the hook too easy. If your logic is correct, then I guess you will be putting one in the ditch pretty soon. It doesn't matter what the pay is. If it's $1.00/hour or $100.00/hour, the performance should be the same.......your best. To do any less is a disgrace to you and your fellow employees and the profession. You are accountable for your behavior and if you choose to behave in the same manner then you are already over-paid, my friend.

I am well aware of how nasty the environment is over there, but have some integrity. If employees show up drunk, then they are insulting YOU for demonstrating they care that little about you, your product and ultimately your livelihood.

Rant over.

While I agree that flying drunk is reckless, you are simply wrong about the theory of "getting what you pay for".

This is a basic foundation of how people work and think. As an example, if you were told by your employer that you were going to receive a 10 percent decrease in pay each year for the next dozen years and that you could quit if you didn't like it, I'm willing to bet you would not work at 100% until your last day. I wish it was the other way around, but it is not.

Wicked Pilot,
I have worked there. Read my first post, carefully. I knew the system was broken and unlikely to change when I worked there and still had enough integrity to not allow the buffoons in the GO to set the tone for my trip. I tried to give the customer and the rest of my crew my best. Sometimes I fell short, but I think I was successful at that most of the time. Your attitude is what spreads apathy and neglect regarding the responsibility of every employee group. Do your job and if you are unwilling to, another 250 hour dude will cheaper than you.

FishandFly,
I disagree. This basic foundation of the way people work and think only works if ti is tolerated. There is too much tolerance of laziness and ignorance at ASA. The pilot group at ASA is about the only group that is held to that standard, and fortunately they are a good group. Sadly, the other groups at ASA need a lesson in professionalism and competence. If you show up to work, you should do your job no matter what the circumstances. It is an agreement between you and your employer and the folks you serve. Bottom line, if you got what you paid for then ASA, Mesa, insert any regional here, would be planting aircraft all over the place. Pilots are the prime example of why that statement is B.S. Legacy mgmt is too, for that matter.

Oakum,
What? Am I to understand that the only people employed by SWA are abnormal? Did they tell you that you were too normal at your first or third interview? Come on, that's a ridiculous assertion. What is your definition of normal? You? We are a little boisterous and obnoxious about our culture, but this environment is far healthier than yours, my friend. I really don't know why I am even responding to your post. I would have better luck convincing Joe Merchant that ALPA is the second coming of Christ.

Dude:

I understand you.

How ya been brother J. I always look for ya I'm at a common hotel or parked next to a canyon blue.

. I really don't know why I am even responding to your post. I would have better luck convincing Joe Merchant that ALPA is the second coming of Christ.

Hey you convinced me that Nathan's was "good eats"..... :beer:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back