• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

commuting/jumpseat Q's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Long commutes suck. Long two leg commutes REALLY suck (been there done that). Unless it's a temporary situation, just move out there. Unless, or course, you hate your family and don't want to be around them, and in that case just get a divorce.

just my $.02

?

so, I just want to make sure I undertand.

Delta has a recip agreement with CommutAir, I think.

IF they do, I can sit in the back on a flight that has open seats? Can I sit in first class if a seat is open?

all I want to know is if I can fly SLC to CVG on DAL and either ride in the back or in the JS.

which reminds me, I see pilots in first class all the time, right?

UP

Utah,
Question: Can they electronically verify your employment?
Anwer: No. (because you don't work for Delta or Delta Connection)

Therefore as a jumpseater you may occupy a seat in the cabin NOT the actual jumpseat on the flightdeck. If you're lucky they may invite you to sit in first class. Of course your seat in the cabin is contingent on there being an open seat. In other words, as you're sipping your Provo Girl or Polygamy Porter the night before, you're also wondering; after all paying customers, employees, spouses & children of employees, parents of employees, buddies of employees and other jumpseaters with priority over you, will there still be one open seat?

good luck!
Ben Dover

ah

thanks

I was looking at the loads on the Delta sight and it looks like the flight is full most day (4 flights a day SLC-CVG), but the 1st class looks like it has holes.

guess it'd be risky, though

Not to complicate things but if you're looking on the web at the seating chart to determine loads, you may be in for a surprise. Atleast I've been surprised. I've gone to the Delta web site and looked, then called and asked a reservation agent and very often the Delta web site is off by a dozens and dozens of seats. I don't know why the discrepancy, maybe someone else could shed some light on that.

Ben Dover said:
Long commutes suck. Long two leg commutes REALLY suck (been there done that). Unless it's a temporary situation, just move out there. Unless, or course, you hate your family and don't want to be around them, and in that case just get a divorce.

just my $.02

You're absolutely right that the long commute sucks. I hope to transfer to IAH soon which will cut my commute down by about 14 hrs per week! But even without that, my wife, daughter and I live in Raleigh in a great neighborhood, great home, great friends and a low house payment. Tough to give up. Also these are tought times to make long term plans such as uprooting the family again and then be in the same situation a year from now. Better I think to just commute for a while while all the dust in the air settles.

Latest resources

Back