commute air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

zafar7

hey guys i was wondering, i have not flown over a year now, but i have about 1600tt 1000multi atp written and a collge degree, do you think commuteair would hire me. i

There's always a chance but.....

I don't work there but here's what I know....

1. You'd better act fast as it looks the the brisk hiring will slow by the middle to end of the summer as they fill the postions for the CAL flying - after which I would assume its back to limited hirring for attrition.

2. It looks like your not current, but you have a good base of hours and exp. Get out there and start CFIing or something. I would recommend something like 40 hours per month at the min. Remember one of the biggest thing employers are looking for outside of experance and attitude is a working/current pilot preferalibly in a 135 or 121 job.

3. As always a rec. from a current CA pilot who has flown with you will go far. If your in the NE you might want to try a weekday x-country flight to Plattsburg, NY to show your face. I guess the CA guys on this board could chime in with better info here.

Good luck, Get current and flying that will be you biggest help.

question?

i was wondering there is a part 135 operation called flight express, they fly baron 58 and C-210. I talked to flight ops and they said that they might hire me, but i wuold have to fly the 210 and would have to sign a 6 month contract.

I was thinking, i have enough multi time, and i just want to get current, do you think i shoudl go for this 135 job get some time in the 210 and than apply for the regionals. Or shoudl i look for a small 121 outfit that flies something like a beech1900 or a sb340.

Just for the record, it's Commutair without the "e". I've got a hair less time than you, but a current 121.441 in the bloody Beech and haven't heard jack from them. And regarding your other thread on Shuttle America, go just one page back in time and there's several topics on the subject. Getting hired these days is like getting struck by lightning. Unfortunately I got struck by that lightning bolt back in October, so I think I'm screwed now. Hope things work out.

Latest resources

Back