commutair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I.P. Freley said:
You mean the one I keep in my flight case to blind the rampies?
Naw, I meant the one we used to mess with that snowboarder on the hill and make him fall! Ahh, good Plattsburgh times. :D
BTW, the rampies in PIT are even worse than those USAirExp rampies we used to hate in Boston. Really, they are. I think that the continents move at a greater speed than those orange vest-wearing glaciers!
Ack, I didn't think that was possible! I distinctly remember one afternoon when I volunteered to have the Captain shut down the left engine, and I went down the stairs and parked us in BOS. (This was after blocking the service road for a good 10 minutes, with nary an agent to be found, and 19 people about to miss their connections.) The ramp guy finally showed up just as I was chocking us (hey, I had to pee), and was actually mad at me because I was "doing his job." I can't repeat in good company what I said to him that day.

So, are they hiding in a trailer watching Wheel of Fortune and Jerry Springer in PIT the way they were in Boston? <grin>

Holy Crap!!!

This whole time I've been applying online wondering why I wasn't getting any response. Thanks for the address, I'll update this way from now on. Sounds like a place I should be...PLB here I come!

So, are they hiding in a trailer watching Wheel of Fortune and Jerry Springer in PIT the way they were in Boston? <grin>

They've been out of the trailer in BOS for almost a year now... But I can't believe that ANY group of rampies in the world could come close to those ALG rejects in BOS.

He!!, one Saturday last month the ops guys didn't bother coming in. We sat just off the access road for almost 30 minutes waiting for someone to show up. You would think the ramp idiots would take a peak outside and see if anyone was there... nah.. Too much work for them!

For what it's worth...

About two months ago my FO overheard some of the senior ramp people in PIT berating a new-hire for working too fast, believe it or not. They were actually being THREATENING about it.

I have yet to see more than one or two of this crowd amble toward an aircraft at a pace greater than that one would "amble" toward a particularly hungry-looking grizzly bear.

I.P. Freley said:
About two months ago my FO overheard some of the senior ramp people in PIT berating a new-hire for working too fast, believe it or not....
I have yet to see more than one or two of this crowd amble toward an aircraft at a pace greater than that one would "amble" toward a particularly hungry-looking grizzly bear.

Arrrrrrrgggghhh..... and you wonder why the whole organization is imploding. I still remember a couple of years back in Rochester, a US Airways ramper drove a belt loader up to our 1900, handed me the paperwork, and drove it back the 50 feet or so back to the building, parked it, and walked back inside.

Stunned, I asked my captain what that was all about.

"It's their new contract. They don't have to walk to the planes anymore."

Sad.

Wouldn't want them to get any EXERCISE or anything!!

Here's another example... I "waved off" the signal to start engine #2 last week in PIT.

Why would I do such a thing?

Because the rampie WAS STILL STANDING INSIDE THE TERMINAL. I barely even noticed him, looking through the plate glass doors and all, because of reflections off the glass... Then I see this retard signalling me to start! I just shook my head in a rather animated manner, figuring he'd figure out that I wanted him OUTSIDE for this, even waving to him to entice him outside... And wouldn't you know it, he just shrugged his shoulders and WALKED AWAY.

*grrrrrr*

Capt. Freley, The rampies in PIT may put a hair across your a$$ but think back a few months when you used to fly into PHL. This is what I actually heard on the OP's frequency in PHL " You might wan't to send someone out here the tug driver is either sick, dead or asleep." Oh and thanks for the ride Sunday.

Somehow this doesn't surprise me... Gotta love unions. :)

Oh, Sponge, remember... You were only there for "operational purposes" LOL!!!

Latest resources

Back