Commutair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ArcherB

Anyone know if commutair is interviewing right now. I know they have an agreement to hire furloughed x-jet pilots, but are they mixing the classes with people off the street? Thanks

They are hiring only XJT folk for now through May. After that..who knows? They do seem to be having a growth spurt so it wouldn't hurt to send in you stuff.

May should have new-hires off the street. The ExpressJet list is done and people from our pool are in the April class. From the sounds of it, ExpressJet guys who passed up the Commutair opportunity are not getting a second chance since ExpressJet announced that recalls will come more slowly. In any case, start sending in those resumes because the hiring has started.

No second chance?

...but weren't some of the EJ pilots NOT given the offer to go to Commutair, and were told they would literally be paid to sit home awaiting their class date?

Seriously, this is what I am TOLD is happening with an old friend of mine (one I don't talk to anymore, so I can't ask him), by way of info from mutual friends. Apparently he was (originally) supposed to be recalled so soon that he was told he would be paid to NOT go to Commutair, since by the time he would've made it to the line at CA he would be ready to be recalled, and it would've been a waste of time and money... Now I am told his projected recall date is in December.

So... Were these people not even offered the chance to go to CA and will be allowed to go for one of those class dates after all, or are they outta luck?

Or do I have bad info and/or poor understanding of the situation?

Wondering...

I.P,

You heard absolutely correct in that the first 33 furloughee "CommutAir volunteers" were purposely bypassed and paid their regular CommutAir salary until their recall date. Yes, recalls apparently have slowed down but I think these 33 were the at the very top of the recall list and most will be back to work at XJT by the end of April. The people who are really out of luck were the ones who passed on CommutAir expecting to be back at XJT by the middle of Summer. These are the the ones whose recalls probably won't happen until early next year.

Maybe someone on the XJT side of the fence can elaborate.

SuperD

Was just wondering if someone could tell me what the preferred method of sending a resume.
Do they prefer the online resume from there site or is there a fax#

Any other info about the what an interview intails would be appreciated. There are no recent post on avationinterviews.com

Thanks

Ok I'll add my 2 cents since I was one of the "lucky" 33. I was supposed to be in trainning at XJT in May. I volunteered to go to CA and was told to stay at home and await recall for reasons stated earlier. After the announcement of delayed recalls I am now suppose to go to XJT in Sept. instead of May. To make a long story short the company (CAL) is going to pay us up until our recall with XJT. So some of us from the list of 33, will get a paid summer vacation. Clear as mud???

Last edited:
I waaaaaant my M-T-Veeeeeee......

Clear as mud, indeed!

Hey good for you... Assuming you're getting paid NOW, that's six months of money for nothing. Now the real question, are the chicks for free?

Even if they only start paying you as of the initial recall date, that's still four months of checks. Good on ya!

Latest resources

Back