Commutair & Shuttle America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cmonkey

I'm wondering what people know on Commutair and Shuttle America. I was on Commutair's website and it said that they didn't have a pilot union...true/false...opinions on a non-union. How are the schedules, pay, ect.

Thanks,

Couch Monkey

Commutair is non-union.

First year pay is $16/hr for the first 90 days of probation, then up to $18/hr for the remainder of the first year. FO pay increases $1/hr for every year after. Captain pay starts at $30/hr.

Minimum guarentee is 76 hours per bid, with 13 bids per year (so it works out to 82.3 hours guarenteed per month). Basically plan on $342 per week before taxes for your first year (after probation). Per Diem is $1.25/hr paid from your report time to release time for all trips (not just overnights). All pilots work 16 days per bid, and are off 12 days per bid, regardless of seniority. We do bids by trips, not a line system. Basically when it is your turn to bid, you go day by day through the next bid and say which trips you want out of what is left. Junior pilots typically do one week (6 days) of reserve per bid and get to fly the other 10 days.

Company also pays 100% medical for employee AND family (a big perk right there, worth about $300 or more per month if you have kids).

PM me if you want more info.

Commutair is non-union, but there are those in the company that are pushing for ALPA. Don't know how far along they are on that front, but last I heard (within ten days) they haven't gotten enough cards to put it to a vote.

As for SA, we're Teamsters. Pay scale starts at $22/hr first year with a 72hr guarantee. 10 days guar. off on reserve, 12 days guar. for lineholders, though most lines these days have 13 or 14 minimum, up to about 16 days off. Per diem $1.35/hr for overnights only, but I'm guessing 75% of the trips have at least one overnight (some sked trips are as long as four days). Bases in Ft. Wayne, IN... Pitt... And Trenton, NJ.

I don't know the current minimums, but if you look on the website I'm told its' there. Prior 121 or 135 experience, turboprop/turbine time, and/or prior Saab experience are major pluses.

Thanks for the info. guys

PS: IP, I am fittin' raise up and get my travel on, I've got to get some guys to their ho's and back lickidy split...

@#$% dog!!!

Heh heh heh

Commutair or Shuttle America

I.P. Frely

Hows Pitzy??????

Dooooobie dooooobie do!

No hiring into the left seat at Commutair. But upgrades happening like crazy.

Shuttle America isn't hiring into the left seat, either. The last time they did that was the April 2002 class... And the only reason they did that was that they grew so much so fast they didn't have any other choice but to hire street cap's. There simply weren't enough qualified FO's, nor enough FO's at ALL to upgrade.

And as for Pitsie... I have photographic evidence of her being seen with about 115 people by now. Scary but true. :)

One by one, the penguins steal my sanity... LOL

Latest resources

Back