• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CommutAir Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
when i bought my house my bank took one look at my w-2 and qualified me for a 1st time home buyer/low income loan..it was about 1 percent below current market value..i just refinanced and yet again, when i told them what i made, i got the lower income loan...just ask your bank if they offer these programs (i know in nj and ny that they have to by law)..good luck!

Apparently you don't pay taxes like the rest of us
dhc8ap, your probably right. I have a very good tax preparer that gets me a very low tax bill at the end of the year. And it's all legal. Also, when calculating takehome pay don't forget to include aproximately $30 for every overnight trip in non taxable per diem. Probably abour 1/2 to 1/3 that amount for day trips. All I'm trying to convey is that my takehome pay has been better than the $800 to $1000 a month that you calculated. The 76 hour guarantee is in a 28 day bid. 13 bids a year. 76 X 13 = 988/12 months = 82.33 hours per month. Now I'm not saying that CommutAir is the greatest place to work, just that it's better than most people give credit for. I'm happy here and in the end that's all that really matters.

I don't know what kind of taxes you are paying, or figuring, but my first year at Commutair, my weekly paycheck after taxes was $315/week. At 52 weeks per year, that works out to $1365 TAKE HOME per month, a lot more than the $800-$1000 you are quoting. And that is not figuring in per diem either.

As for the foodstamps, I am not in New York, but with most places, contact the state department of Children and Family services, or your local welfare offices. Be prepared for a TON of paperwork, and a lot of raised eyebrows when they see you are an airline pilot.

Lastly, Commutair is NOT serving EWR, it is only CLE.

Latest resources

Back