• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

comm. rating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Im a little confused though on landing. Throttle comes back to 15"( I get that) but prop to full forward? Is this done just in case of a go around?

Yeah, as has been mentioned, it's to be prepared for a go-around. Consider this, instead of automatically putting the prop control in at 15" MAP, how about putting the prop control forward when the RPM starts to dropa as you reduce power and slow down. This will prevent an increase on prop RPM.

and I cant remember what to do with the prop/mixture would I damage anything or get myself into trouble just by leaving everything full forward?

You'd be fine like that. I wouldn't embark on any long cross country flights like that, but then hopefuly you wouldn't embark on any long cross countries with your instructor incapacitated in the right seat.

Depending on the model of Arrow you're flying, you might have a 'avoid continuous operation' range marked on the tach. In my 1973 Arrow, it's 2100 to 2350 rpm, which means I either cruise at 2100 rpm or 2400 rpm. The POH cruise setting chart has several over-square settings in it. I most often cruise at 24/2400, 24/2100, or 21/2100 (75%, 65%, and 55% respectively).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back