• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ComAir turbulence

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, we know that Comair can afford to pay the medical cost from all the money they didn't pay there pilots in that long strike for nothing contract they received.
Also why would someone get bent out of shape if comair was called a commuter airline? If it walks like a duck, fly's like a duck, sounds like a duck, and looks like a duck, it must be a DUCK.

Have not heard the details about the CMR flight to IAD, but we hit a pocket of severe turblence while level at FL290 on our way up to ISP the other night. Autopilot couldn't hold altitude, went up 300' and the plane was bucking around wildly. I retarded the thrust levers to idle and the plane was still accellerating. Lasted about a minute and half. Wild ride, nobody was injured.

Stichshaker,
I take offense to your comments. Obviously, you haven't a clue of what the strike was about, or what is in our contract.
I get 15 to 17 days off a month, fly a great airplane, make close to 90k per year, plus perdium, have a great med, plan for me and my family that cost me 50 $ a month, have a company matched 401k account, plus a b plan where the company puts in an amount equal to a percentage of my salary annually, last statement it was worth 195k. We have trip and duty rigs so our trips stay productive, and can even bid cd lines and get paid 90 hours and only actually only fly 40 to 45. I get 3 weeks vacation per year, and my family flys free on Delta so we can take those exotic vacations annually for pennies on the dollar.
I own two homes, one is a rental, my wife drives a 2002 model car that cost 27k, and I drive a Chevy Truck that cost me 25k.
Oh, what else does this crappy contract provide?
I have a wood working shop in the back yard where I spend my spare time making furniture as a hobby, and that shop has about 12k worth of woodworking machines in it.
Yes, we have a crappy contract, maybe some day you can tell me how to strike a company effectively so we can get a good contract.

Afellowaviator,
I'm sorry to offend you. It's just that your all a bunch of good guys (even the ones that paid for a job) that are hard workers and good pilots. How long have you been at Comair? Your pay is less then 3rd year FO. pay at any major. Why are you worth so much less? You are as good and deserve the same! As do all RJ drivers for all companies. And please lets not even get into the FO pay.

I don't see why people say the pay is that bad honestly.

I'm going to make $36 an hour really soon on 2nd year pay at Comair.

I fly a small plane! 50 measly seats.

A company can only pay so much per seat.

Are you telling me a 2nd year pilot on a (50x8) 400 seat airplane should make 8 times more than our pay??? That means they would have to make $288 an hour as a second year F.O. on a 400 seat airplane!

It's all relative! If we want to make more money we'll go the MAJORS! Stop telling us our pay sux. Come back to reality!
Only 1% of the U.S. workforce makes over $100,000 a year!

We're going to be able to do that flying teeny tiny jets. Hey I'm happy. The Comair PILOTS that struck wanted more but they did a great job with what they got. They should be highly, highly commended for their strike not put down. They did an awesome job considering the circumstances.

Besides I think that the major airline pilots that continually criticize our pay are pissed that we're not making more money for one reason only. You want our pilots to make more money so our companies can lose money as well. Bottom line.
God forbid we don't bankrupt our companies.

MY ONLY COMPLAINT: The first year probationary pay needs to go I think.

Jet

Last edited:
3rd year pay comparison

I'd say a 3rd year Comair pay is better than the 3rd year guy thats on the street. Ask any three year USAir guy who makes more. As far as the word commuter, we now have flights to California. You can call us anything you want, were expanding and hiring.

Latest resources

Back