ComAir turbulence

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bailout

Anyone hear what happened to the Comair flight from atl to iad tonight? The news said they hit very severe turbulence and sent almost all passengers to the hospital, although none life threatening. Anyone know any other details?

>> just found out is was dca, and nine people got hurt<<

Last edited:
Hope everyone is ok... Was bumpy as he!! going into IAD tonight, and all through the Northeast.

One question, why do you insist on capitalizing the A in the middle of Comair's name? They used to use that for the logo, but it was changed over ten years ago. Were you even a pilot back then? Do you still call UsAirways USAir?

Comair is all one word, with only the C capitalized. Thanks much.

I still call them USAir. Sometimes if I am feeling nostalgic, I like to call them Allegheny. Good thing we have the Company name cops around here, I'll rest easy tonight.

skydiverdriver said:
One question, why do you insist on capitalizing the A in the middle of Comair's name? They used to use that for the logo, but it was changed over ten years ago. Were you even a pilot back then? Do you still call UsAirways USAir?

Wow, lighten up there, Francis. I can't imagine spazzing out each time someone writes Airtran instead of AirTran!

If I recall correctly, you were the guy who got all bent out of shape when someone called you guys a commuter airline, too.

I hate to tell you this, but in a few more years, when most of the props are gone, you're going to see people boarding the RJ who will say "Oh, it's a puddle-jumper".

bailout said:
Anyone hear what happened to the Comair flight from atl to iad tonight? The news said they hit very severe turbulence and sent almost all passengers to the hospital, although none life threatening. Anyone know any other details?

>> just found out is was dca, and nine people got hurt<<

Ah, that rings a bell. I commuted in on Delta mainline last night about the time it happened (saw all the trucks n whatnot around the ComAir RJ while walking through the terminal). There were a couple knocks of turbulance around *roughly* 10-12K, but it wasn't anything to stop you from reading your magazine. The pilots were workin' it on final though!

Petty Stuff

skydiverdriver said:

Comair is all one word, with only the C capitalized. Thanks much.
HOLY S&*$. I wish my life was so uncomplicated that all I had to worry about petty crap like this!

....I still call 'em Ozark!:D

That's why I always always always keep my seatbelt fastened...even while sleeping across a 3-seater! Keeps the FA from waking me when the sign comes on, too!

ComAir LLC, the DELTA coNNection

AwholLYOwneD Sub-Sidiary of Delta Airways

sister company to aSa.

Latest resources

Back