COMAIR Training Pay???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Buckethead

Hello all, I have a June 2nd class date and I was trying to do some financial planning. I haven't recieved my class packet yet but I was wondering what the pay, if any, there is for training. Any info would be appreciated. See you around Campus...

I read that the pay is $240/ week. Medical for singles is about $30/month and family is $80 or $110 depending on your choice. I don't know how much union dues are.

Mil-Bushpilot

Mil-BushPilot is correct, $240/week throughout training, about 3 months.

plan on spending anywhere from $500-1000 on stuff for the crashpad, uniforms, luggage, etc.

no union dues the first year, because you're on probation and can be let go at any time. after your first year, i believe union dues are 1.5% of your salary.

captainv said:

no union dues the first year, because you're on probation and can be let go at any time. after your first year, i believe union dues are 1.5% of your salary.

Union Dues, btw, are 1.95% of gross.

New hires at Comair

Just wondering. Does the company pick up lodging and offer any per diem for commuter types? Also, what is Comair's hiring plan in the next year? How 'bout ASA?
I'm a guard guy about to finish training and might be looking for a job soon! :)

key...i assume that you mean once you get out on line...the only lodging that the company picks up is when you are on what is called a "continuous duty" line, and then the company picks up your hotel in between flights. no per diem unless on duty.

Re: New hires at Comair

keydet96 said:
Just wondering. Does the company pick up lodging and offer any per diem for commuter types? Also, what is Comair's hiring plan in the next year? How 'bout ASA?
I'm a guard guy about to finish training and might be looking for a job soon! :)

At ASA you will be provided with a hotel during training. You will be paid $1428 per month. If you are DFW based you will get $1.50 an hour per diem. You don't pay union dues your first year.
Benefits start after 30 days. We are currently interviewing, no hiring is expected until later this year.

Comair

They pay $414 every two weeks for training. If you are a new member of ALPA, the first year is free.

That is what I heard............This sucks!

Latest resources

Back