Comair News?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hammer66

Just wondering how things are goin over at Comair. Still waiting on my class date. Looks like things are kinda quiet for the time being. Anyone have any info or care to chime in? Thanks!

Things are quiet because the economy is getting better and Delta cannot furlough anymore pilots. A friend of mine over there said that Dalpa is even filing a grievance to get back some of their "war emergency" furloughees. I believe Comair is only getting 8 airplanes next year. Anyone heard any different?

Comair will only hire 100 more pilots this year. The eight aircraft order for next year is not firm. It is subject to change for the better, depending on numerous factors.

Re-phrase

That should be re-phrased, 8 new airplanes next year. By the way I had 10 flights in the last three days 2 planes had about 25-30, the other 8 flights 50 people. I think it is time for mainline to take some of this back and use CMR for frequency. I heard a lot of vouchers given out this weekend. Hopefully, we will be talking about recalls soon. There will still be plenty of opportunity for growth here.

My Delta pilot friend said that the Delta station at BTR gave out $48,000 worth of vouchers last month, and LEX gave out $44,000. Yes, it is Summer time and things will slow in September, but the loads have been heavy lately. A lot of possible Comair expansion might deal with possible negotiations with Dalpa and Delta, but I don't think Dalpa wants to give up more RJ's when they have so many on the street. I don't know what will happen.

Latest resources

Back