Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

i'mbatman

Thunderbiiiiiiiiiiiiiiird
I was wondering if any Comair insiders would have any idea on growth over the next two years and if you think they will be hiring then? I know it's far away but I need some motivation.
Thanks
I'm Batman

Well; of course, anything I say is going to be rumor, BUT, what I do know is that we had open time last month (Nov), which is paid time & a half if you fly on a day off. We have NEVER had that in the 6 years I have been here. I have been told that, Jan. is going to have even more open time because of the 70 seat training which is pulling all the crews out of the 50. 70 seat CA has gone extremely junior (around 15000+ senority). I have never seen things move so fast around here. I would expect many new things to be announced after the new year, which in the end, answers your question. Yes, I expect a ton of growth over the next few years. But, then again, I am the one who almost left my flight kit in the lounge just before the strike thinking we would be back Monday!

I had a talk with the cheif pilot from Comair yesterday and he said that they were receiving 37 new airplanes next year alone with options for more, and that they were going to double the number of pilots on staff between now and first quarter 2005
Greasy side down

I'm going through the training right now, and had the half-day long introduction of the upper ups, and they seemed pretty positive about the near term growth of Comair. Of course you always have to put the disclaimer in that everything can change tomorrow. BUT, at this point in time, it looks GREAT!!!!

khsgt said:
I had a talk with the cheif pilot from Comair yesterday and he said that they were receiving 37 new airplanes next year alone with options for more, and that they were going to double the number of pilots on staff between now and first quarter 2005
Greasy side down

Even by very rough numbers, that is 60 + pilots per month for 2 years. An difficult task by any measure. Not even considering upgrades, PCs, LOFTS, and recurrent training schedules for existing pilots. Not saying it's not true, but it sounds kind pretty optimistic.

I sent my stuff in about a month ago and have not heard anything. Does anyone know how long it takes to get a call? Do I need to know somebody already working there?

Hey Homer Jay,

Any chance you flew the mighty Beech over at Commutair?

No I don't fly for Commutair, but if you help me get an interview at Comair I'll be your best friend!!!!:D

Instructors?

AFELLOWAVIATOR said:
I was told they will be hiring a lot more instructors next year for what it's worth.

Can you apply for an instructor position from outside or do they hire instructors from within ?

If outsiders can apply, how would I go about submitting an application to be an instructor?

Latest resources

Back