Comair gets bent again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why Good Luck?

I just read this in the Atlanta newspaper today. Less then 5 days after your management and MEC have you vote for a paycut Delta makes an announcement that it's giving all of its employees raises and stock options. Maybe JC can get the vote recalled or something. Why do us little guys always get shafted. Good luck to all of you.

http://www.ajc.com/services/content.../0308bizdelta.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=6

Why does everyone always wish Comair pilots "good luck"? I'd say they got their good luck. They took the same pay cut as the rest of the employees at Comair (who haven't seen a pay increase in years) but got a pretty decent lump sum payout through bankruptcy claims. But sure enough everyone will be outraged when they throw a few bucks toward the rest of the employees for showing a little friggin' loyalty and not bailing during the roughest of times. Good luck? I'd say they stepped in it and came out smelling like a rose. To the Comair pilots' credit, they got the best possible deal and held out for as long as they could. I commend them for their will to get what they got. But don't begrudge the rest of the employees for getting a token appreciation. Believe it or not, the pilots aren't the only ones who sacrificed and they aren't the only ones who "built the company on their backs". We all have a few spur marks.

So what your saying is that Delta owns Comair but has no affiliation? That is correct ... other that pass privelges and such, no Comair employee benfits from their affiliation with Delta
Beware you might me subjected to a DOT drug test.... What ever you is smoking gwoin ta get you caught... DAL and Comair are joined at the hip. Buy a ticket on DAL and ride on a CA plane. DAL owns Comair. Kan't get any closer that dat.

What do Delta employees and Comair pilots/employees have to do with each other? They are completely separate entities and work groups not tied to each other in any way possible.
Pretty irrelevant post.

Also quoted by JECKEL less then a hour later "Of course they are connected, Delta owns Comair. But neither employee group has anything to do with the other. This is the point I continue to argue.

And Yes, Delta is the reason Comair is in BK ... Delta is the reason for most of the Comair demise.
"

What are you a politician?

ATLCrashPad - Dispensing knowledge one fractured sentence at a time.

OK Snozberry, let me slow down for you because you fail to realize the differences in the two posts.

DELTA company owns COMAIR company and, of course, are conjoined in all the expected ways ... that was my second quote.

My first quote had to do with employee groups. Delta employees share nothing in common with Comair employees. Their contracts, their work rules, their uniforms, the name on their paychecks are all diferent from each other. There is no ONENESS and DELTA company treats them that way.

Which goes back to my original post. Delta EMPLOYEES and Comair EMPLOYEES are not connected in any way. They are seperate entities.

Last edited:
Beware you might me subjected to a DOT drug test.... What ever you is smoking gwoin ta get you caught... DAL and Comair are joined at the hip. Buy a ticket on DAL and ride on a CA plane. DAL owns Comair. Kan't get any closer that dat.

Buy a ticket on DAL and ride on a ASA plane. (ASA not owned by DAL)

Buy a ticket on DAL and ride on a Skywest plane. (Skywest not owned by DAL)

Buy a ticket on DAL and ride on a CHQ plane. (CHQ not owned by DAL)

Buy a ticket on DAL and ride on a Freedom plane. (Freedom not owned by DAL)

Buy a ticket on DAL and ride on a Express Jet plane. (Express Jet not owned by DAL)

WHAT IS YOUR POINT HERE!!!

DAL and Comair are joined at the hip. DAL owns Comair. Kan't get any closer that dat.
Never argued that point, of course Delta owns Comair. But Comair employees are not Delta employees and if you can't see that, and see the difference between the employee groups, then it is you who needs to worry about the DOT drug test.

What do Delta employees and Comair pilots/employees have to do with each other? They are completely separate entities and work groups not tied to each other in any way possible.
Pretty irrelevant post.

Gosh you're stupid....

Sometimes when we start argueing, we fixate on our own position and shut out others. I don't see communication breakdown. What Jeckel is saying is completely consistant: Delta owns Comair, but Comair is not Delta.

Latest resources

Back