Comair Fleet Plan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PROFLYER

There has been quite a bit of conversation about CMR replacing ASA flying in ATL lately. I know a big reason for this is the fact that ASA is basically losing airplanes, while CMR is growing substantially. What are you CMR guys hearing about fleet plans down the road? I've heard 30+ CMR RJ's in 03, but I haven't heard any numbers for you guys after that. Here at ASA, it looks like 15 CR7's in 04, then our firm orders are complete. Has there been any talk over there about converting options? Any info you guys have would be appreciated.

I had heard both ASA/CMR were trying to convert many 200 orders into 700 orders, I don't know what's happend on that front as the DAL scope clause is limiting. It seems the fleet plans of both CMR/ASA change daily.

Palerider,

That's exactly my point though....we're pretty much done with the 200 orders (8 more this year....and that's it!).

CMR Fleet plan

PROFLYER,

haven't seen anything in writing, but the latest rumor is that after '03, our options (CMR) have been cancelled. apparently this has more to do with the government of canada no longer backing the financing than it does with future plans.

as for the fleet, i heard that we're supposed to have 17 70-seaters and @ 120 50-seaters by year's end. as you said, we're taking 30-some airplanes this year.

haven't seen any numbers for '04 in a while, i imagine that's all in flux. as i said on another post, it seems we're covering some of your ATL routes because of your growth in DFW. your fleet is relatively stagnant as you retire the Brasilias, while ours is growing. we do hear whispers of a possible crew base in ATL, which I am praying for, since that's home for me.

i'll ask around today, see if i can find any more hard numbers.

what would it take for a non academy, off the street applicant to get an interview at Comair? I'm sure mins aren't enough

Utahpilot, It would take knowing someone at Comair and sometimes that is not enough. Comair is extremely competitive right now. As far is I know the only GA pilots Comair is taking is from the acadamy. It is all 70's for 2004. No more 50's

A captain walked in mine a month ago. 2000/1000 plus 121 time. No calls yet.

This is heresay of course....

but i heard that the reason we aren't taking any 50's from bombardier next year is because we're going to get them from the leasing company that aca used/uses at a substantial savings (since they're not going to be taking delivery of X number of planes??). i also heard we are getting the 3 NxxxCA airplanes back from skywest...the ones that left during the strike.

Something like 7 70 seaters next year from bombardier.

just crew room rumors....

Utahpilot,

To put it this way about getting an interview,
at 3000 hours and 1000 typed-turbine-pic-multi it took them 6 months to call me. i knew not a single person there.
add to that i was 135 and there was still no guarantee to be hired even with that. its all in what you do there.

27 hours of sleep in 7 previous days tpo the interview didnt help me either. i know the answers, but it's what you do that matters. oh well i now have time to sleep and im ready for next time. (CHQ here i come!)

but anyway, if youre GA all the way, you'll need alot of time and alot of multi-experience. good luck

getting hired at Comair

Utahpilot: what would it take for a non academy, off the street applicant to get an interview at Comair? I'm sure mins aren't enough

because of present conditions, it's probably pretty tough to get in. i've had several ACA guys ask about getting in. a rumor on the bus said we had 11,000 resumes on file.

as for me, when i interviewed, i had 1500 TT, 1100 turbine and a LR-JET type. part 91 flying. didn't know a soul here, went to Air Inc Job Fair in Atlanta, interviewed within 30 days of the fair. class within 4 months.

in my class of 14:

7 airline - 3 furloughees from majors, 2 furloughees from regionals, 2 jumping ship from other regionals)
5 military
1 corporate guy (me)
1 freight dog
1 academy guy

the academy guy and I were tied for lowest TT in the class. highest was 10,000, including 8,000 121, a furloughed 727 captain....

Latest resources

Back