Comair competative mins

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fisch22

Have friends at both ACA and ASA but its seems like prospects for both are nil right now (some of the comments on ACA classes cancelled board are a really bummer if true!!!) almost at Comair's mins but what are the typical competative mins? I can bring in several good LORs I got but I don't know anyone at Comair for a walk in.

I know they are a great company so they are big in my top three.

Thanks for the help,
B

Mix

They recruit a broad mix of people for each class. If you are low time however, you have a more difficult road not because of mins but because of Comair Academy. They supply more of the lower times personnel and higher come from the street.

I was at the DCA AirInc job fair and the Comair recruiter told me the competative mins were now at around 3000TT. (ouch!)

I'll have to agree with Publishers. Us CAA guys in my class are the only "lowtimers" with 1025 to 1400, and multi from 120 to 375.

Everyone else has either 121, 135, or military time. The 135 guys flew turboprops hauling checks/cargo and they have 2200 to 3000 hours. The 121 guys flew anything from J32 (Corporate Express), Saab, ATR, and ERJ (Eagle, COEX), and 727 (Express One...Tango Uniform). And the military fella flew lots of choppers and King Airs. Class averages run 2200 to just over 4000.

With the rate Comair is projected to grow, competetive mins may come down. But in today's climate with all the experience on the street and experienced folks jumping carriers (lots of Eagle jumping ship for Comair), mins also may remain somewhat elevated.

Best of luck to ya, Fisch22!

competitive times

ok. heres the ruling.

friday afternoon. i just got a call from Comair. they left a message. said they wanted to talk to me about getting me in for an interview sometime.

i sent the resume in 6 months ago. DID NOT UPDATE IT. and just now got a call. even had a previous phone number on it.

3100+hours, 1300 turbine. 1100 multi. all PIC, all multi is turbine 135 northeast freight single pilot.

id say thats the competitive times off the street theyre looking at.
i dont know a single person at Comair.
but i do hope they give you a good look. my thinking is that they finally got around to my resume. with everyone on the street now theyve got to have a huge stack of them on the desk to go through.

keep the faith brotha.

I got the same call Friday afternoon. I sent my resume in from March until July without a peep from them. I have about 3000hrs and 1100ME.

Anybody know how long from the time you get an interview until you actually attend class? Also, hows the medical benefits at comair?

Good Luck

Latest resources

Back